Submitted: Thursday, Dec 15, 2016 at 18:59
ThreadID: 133940 Views:4185 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Any feedback on the new Hema HX!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: The Explorer - Thursday, Dec 15, 2016 at 20:35

Thursday, Dec 15, 2016 at 20:35
Hello

Haven't seen or used one but biggest issue many long term Hema Navigator users won't like is the fact that they have given OziExplorer the flick and are using their own "Explorer" app (Fair enough). Good mapping app BUT doesn't allow the use of maps not acquired from Hema...so if you have a collection of maps that work in OziExplorer or you make your own custom maps for areas of interest ...the HX is not an option.

Otherwise ..my guess is that it works treat.

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 606714

Reply By: Sigmund - Sunday, Dec 18, 2016 at 11:45

Sunday, Dec 18, 2016 at 11:45
This kind of unit is attractive as it's an all-in-one package: hardware, s/w and digital maps.

The maps are the heart of any mapping GPS so you should get a good look at a sample to see whether they'll do what you want. In particular, does it have the detail and is the data accurate?

That means you need to be clear about your needs. How important is it for the maps to be recent? How much fine track navigation will you be doing with it? Do you want a heap of POIs like servos, campgrounds and so on? Do you need to find huts or see if there are gates?

You may find that starting with the maps that'll work for you, there are options about what hardware can be used to display and work with them, and you may well find you pay much less than for an all-in-one.
AnswerID: 606765

Reply By: Member - kyle46 - Friday, Feb 03, 2017 at 22:05

Friday, Feb 03, 2017 at 22:05
has anyone actually bought one from exploroz..
shop description is vague and I got no response from my enquiry email

Kyle
AnswerID: 608254

Follow Up By: KiwiAngler - Saturday, Feb 04, 2017 at 07:31

Saturday, Feb 04, 2017 at 07:31
Ive looked at the shop description and found it quiet clear- i would be interested to hear what you are finding to be "vague"
FollowupID: 878015

Sponsored Links