Francois Peron National Park

Submitted: Tuesday, Mar 07, 2017 at 17:59
ThreadID: 134426 Views:1972 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All.
I am taking my son on his first real camping trip without the luxuries of boat and civilised accommodation. We are going to Francois Peron National Park and are chasing some info on good places to camp and fish. We are in swags so keen to go anywhere. Any guidance appreciated. Cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: BARRY H10 - Wednesday, Mar 08, 2017 at 07:55

Wednesday, Mar 08, 2017 at 07:55
South Gregories. Great beach and fishing. Red cliffs. Beach combing. Camp sites 20 meters from beach.Modern long drop. Launch boats. Air down at the homestead. I was there last august. Every morning dolphins came within 30 meters of the shore. NP fees.
AnswerID: 609241

Follow Up By: Member - Robert1660 - Friday, Mar 10, 2017 at 15:16

Friday, Mar 10, 2017 at 15:16
Barry's suggestion about airing down at the homestead is excellent advice. The tracks are very sandy and unless you lower your tyre pressures you will get bogged. When we were there in 2015 the air hoses were looking a little worse for wear. Needless to say you would be carrying your own compressor so this should not be an issue.
At Skipjack Point there is an unmanned lighthouse and some excellent boardwalks which help in observing the marine life. However, when we were there at the end of May 2015 there was a complete absence of marine wildlife. Plenty of birds on beaches however!
We did note that many of the camping areas had had there fair share of aggressive 4WD adventurers driving anywhere they could. We thought that the park in general could do with some TLC. Nevertheless well worth a visit.
Robert
Landcruiser 200 VX Diesel + 19ft Bushtracker

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 879172

Sponsored Links