Kimberly trip ...interest

Submitted: Saturday, Mar 18, 2017 at 15:53
ThreadID: 134483 Views:3802 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I'm doing the following Kimberly trip.
If anyone is interested to tag along, with your own car and supplies, let me know.
Leaving Perth 16th May.
Overnight camp stops, Nannine, Mt Robinson, De Grey River, Roebuck road house c/v park, 20th May.
Then Towards the Gibb River road, camp one or twice along the GRR.
Turn off towards Drysdale stn and camp across and alongside the King Edward River.
I will be camped there for 2-3 day if anyone wants to continue to Mitchell Falls and meet me back at KE River.
From KE River back to GRR and on towards El Questro Stn and Emma Gorge.
From here I will be heading straight back to Perth via Kununurra, Halls Creek, Fitzroy Crossing, Roebuck, Port Hedland, Newman and back to Perth by approx. end May, camping all the way.
You can Tee Off and do your own thing at any time you like.
I will have a Kelpie dog travelling with me. Cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Sunday, Mar 19, 2017 at 08:41

Sunday, Mar 19, 2017 at 08:41
Hi George,
May see you somewhere along the track. We are going in the opposite direction, traveling across the Nullabor and heading up through Kalgoorlie, Sandstone, Meekatharra, Newman and into Karrijini NP.
Then Nor-north east via Port Headland, Eighty Mile Beach, Broome, Derby and onto the Gibb, camping at Windjana Gorge, Manning Gorge, Home Valley Station and on to Kununurra. (We have been up to Drysdale RS and Mitchell Falls on a previous trip.)
From here we head East stopping at Victoria River, Mataranka, Daily Waters, then down the Stuart Highway to Alice Springs, a detour to Kings Canyon and Uluru, then back down to Adelaide.
Starting out on 20th April and a 58 day trip all up and so looking forward to our trek through the Pilbara and a return to the Kimberley region.
Have a great trip George and be careful with your companion.
Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 609513

Follow Up By: Member-George (WA) - Sunday, Mar 19, 2017 at 18:19

Sunday, Mar 19, 2017 at 18:19
Hi Bill, sounds like a great trip.
Maybe we will catch up along the way, it’s a small world.
Take care and have a great time
George
FollowupID: 879374

Reply By: Member - William B (The Shire) - Monday, Mar 20, 2017 at 08:27

Monday, Mar 20, 2017 at 08:27
Hello George,

Just be mindful of 1080 baits that may be laid. Responsible baiters indicate when they have laid baits but some don't.

We have a little companion that travels with us and we put a muzzle on him to stop him picking up any baits or dead baited animals.

Its funny when people see him they are concerned he is a "dangerous" dog.

William
Always planning the next trip. VKS-737 mobile 1619

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 609542

Sponsored Links