Can i take my c/trailer across the Simpson Desert.

Submitted: Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 06:12
ThreadID: 134543 Views:13108 Replies:14 FollowUps:41
This Thread has been Archived
Hi guys & gals, as the title suggests, the wife & i are starting to plan a trip which will hopefully include crossing the Simpson via the QAA line & the French line enroute to the rock from Brisbane.
We have a very capable 4wd & camper, is this doable with a camper trailer.
I would love to hear from anyone that has done his crossing towing a camper trailer.
The next question is what is the best time of year to do this and how many days to allow for the crossing between Birdsville and Mt Dare.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Boobook - Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 07:18

Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 07:18
Firstly you will get blasted by people telling you that you can't or shouldn't take a camper across the Simpson. And It is not recommended by Parks SA. So lets get that out of the way.

I have towed E-W and N-S across the Simpson and will do it again.

I think the prerequisite to towing across the Simpson is
-Capable, quality off road camper that isn't too heavy for the vehicle
-A reliable, capable 4wd
-Allow double your normal fuel use plus 40l of fuel
-Right equipment, 2 snatch straps, a way to tow your camper with a snatch strap or extension strap, shovel, 4 maxtrax etc
-Lots of offroad towing experience, especially on sand
-travel with another vehicle.
-Tyres down to 14 - 16 PSI as necessary

If you do that then you will be fine. You need to be good at reversing. You will get stuck half way up some dunes, just as the track goes around the bends at the top. Power down as you enter a corner then gently power up again after your front wheels are through the corner.

A good trick to improve your reversing is to get 2 witches hats 20m apart. Reverse around them with the camper in a figure 8. When you get good at it move the hats 2 m closer. When you can reverse around then at 12m apart in under 2 mins you are good to go.

The best time IMHO is May to August, away from school holidays if you can. Nice and cool. Also travel in the mornings when the tracks are more stable.

If you let your tyres down properly and are prepared with the right equipment then you won't do any more damage than any other 4wd. Trailers are discouraged to stop the casual trailer towing with no experience and inadequate trailers.

AnswerID: 609688

Follow Up By: Member - Tony H (touring oz) - Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 09:07

Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 09:07
Wise words Tony!!
Insanity doesnt run in my family.... it gallops!

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 879549

Follow Up By: Gronk - Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 09:10

Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 09:10
All good advice above. If you take it ALL onboard, the decision is easy.

I have towed on sand but not enough to say I was good at it, so my decision would be easy.
FollowupID: 879550

Follow Up By: Member - shane r1 - Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 10:03

Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 10:03
Good advice for sure.
I would put two of the the points at the top of the list though.
Offroad towing experience, especially sand.
Reversing (backwards down a sandy track )
Cheers
FollowupID: 879554

Reply By: Iza B - Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 08:39

Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 08:39
If you need to ask, you probably should not.

If you do take a c/trailer, you will probably contribute to the formal banning of trailers from the Simpson. The idea and push for a ban on trailers is for a good reason.

If only two of you, no trailer would almost certainly be an easier and more enjoyable trip.

Iza
AnswerID: 609694

Follow Up By: Member - Tony H (touring oz) - Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 09:14

Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 09:14
G'Day Iza,
Its a funny world, if the OP had not made any enquiries, attempted the trip and had 'dramas' we would all jump up and down and give him a 'well deserved' bagging!
But here he is asking, for advise. I believe Tony has stated some very obvious facts, telling him what to expect, and I would like to think the OP will make the right decision.
Stay safe out there.
Insanity doesnt run in my family.... it gallops!

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 879551

Follow Up By: Member - Boobook - Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 09:44

Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 09:44
Reliable as Big Ben....

"The idea and push for a ban on trailers is for a good reason."

Hmm what is that reason Iza? Where is the push for a ban of trailers? Only from posts by some on EO from what I understand. There is no push for a ban from Parks SA who run the park to my knowledge.

Maybe you know something different. It would be great if you could share that.

Before towing across the Simpson the first time, I actually took the time to call a ranger and ask what the advisory about not towing meant. I asked if they were concerned about trailers causing more damage.

His answer was simple and logical.

All 4wds damage the tracks - period. A well set up trailer in experienced hands can cause less damage than by your average punter in an overweight 4wd stacked to the roof rack with fuel and stuff.

We get a bunch of ill prepared idiots who bring all sorts of garden and cheap camper trailers across. They have no idea how to tow the bloody things and even dump them. They have no place anywhere off road, and especially in a desert. The advice is to discourage them and cover the governments ass.

I told him I had a 200 with a Tvan and he said just keep your pressures down. He asked if I was travelling with anyone else, I said yep and he said I'll be fine, advised me to radio ahead on dunes and give way, then said have a good trip.

No ban mentioned there.

There is the killer - he said they even tow trailers for some maintenance. I doubt they will ban themselves.

FollowupID: 879552

Follow Up By: Shaker - Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 11:07

Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 11:07
I have always wondered how do you damage sand? A week of wind & you would have trouble finding the track.
FollowupID: 879557

Follow Up By: cookie1 - Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 11:34

Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 11:34
No offence to anyone, but I tend to agree that the tracks are deteriorating from 2009 and gradually have got worse every year I have crossed, to last years crossing where they have become severely deteriorated particularly on the western slopes of the French Line. The season closures unfortunately do not seem to totally fix the abuse that the dunes cop during the open season, sand blowing onto the tracks is light sand and doesn't fix the in depth scalloping in my opinion, more like a band aid on a deep wound.

I did overhear a conversation at Birdsville where a vote was taken to ban trailers but voted down by a narrow margin.

Desert Parks Bulletin
No. 565 – 21 March 2017
Please ensure 4WD is engaged and that you reduce tyre pressures while in the desert to minimise cutting up the tracks. Use
extra caution as sand dunes will be soft after the summer closure, and may have blow outs from summer winds.
Carry extra fuel reserves as up to 50% more fuel may be used currently than a normal desert crossing.
The use of trailers in the Simpson Desert is strongly discouraged. Caravans and motorhomes should not be used.
Serious damage can be caused to vehicles and the environment, and difficulties are likely to result.
FollowupID: 879563

Follow Up By: Member - Boobook - Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 12:49

Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 12:49
My God!

Camper Trailers are going to be banned in the Simpson Desert from January 1

Here is proof.
FollowupID: 879565

Follow Up By: Gramps - Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 13:07

Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 13:07
Fines are in the mail for all you transgressors since 1/1/2009 (with $$$ interest added + GST) LOL

Regards
FollowupID: 879566

Follow Up By: Alloy c/t - Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 19:13

Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 19:13
Well Gramps , the fines must be 'lost' in the mail !!! lol
FollowupID: 879589

Reply By: Member - DickyBeach - Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 09:44

Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 09:44
I asked the same question in 2003 but a propos the Canning Stock Route and was told "you won't make it", "you'll wreck the track", "you'll get us banned" and so on.

Read archived post 7590 to see what happened.

AnswerID: 609695

Follow Up By: Member - Boobook - Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 09:49

Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 09:49
Egzackery Dickybeach
FollowupID: 879553

Reply By: Member - mark D18 - Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 10:03

Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 10:03
Stumpyray .

Park south oz don't want campers trailers on the desert for good reason . Ideally if you could do a crossing without the camper you would soon realise towing a camper is not the smartest thing to do .

Cheers
AnswerID: 609696

Follow Up By: Member - Bigfish - Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 10:55

Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 10:55
And what is that reason?. Also can you show us the lietrature from Paks S.A. saying that they dont wont trailers in desert areas? I cannot find anything from their website mentioning trailers are not to be taken or advising against taking one into a desert area.
FollowupID: 879556

Follow Up By: Shaker - Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 11:18

Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 11:18
I have alsojust searched the National parks SA website & can't find any reference to trailers at all, the only advice that I could see was regarding the mandatory use of sand flags.

FollowupID: 879558

Follow Up By: cookie1 - Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 11:24

Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 11:24
Desert Parks Bulletin
No. 565 – 21 March 2017
The use of trailers in the Simpson Desert is strongly discouraged. Caravans and motorhomes should not be used.
Serious damage can be caused to vehicles and the environment, and difficulties are likely to result.
FollowupID: 879561

Follow Up By: Les - PK Ranger - Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 18:00

Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 18:00
And in a lot of general brochures etc too . . .
Desert Parks of South Australia

• It is strongly recommended that trailers not be towed
across the Simpson Desert.

It's probably in the Desert Parks Pass booklet too I'm sure.

Really, if you are experienced towing across that terrain, and the Simpson dunes / sand is fairly unique to other experience you may have like beaches, if you deflate tyres on tow vehicle and trailer properly, tackle dunes correctly, you won't get too many problems.

I've crossed oh I dunno 5 or 6 times now and always (especially in the busy Winter and shoulder seasons) there are a few trailers that invariably get stuck atop a dune, or has to reverse back down a dune multiple times . . . the traffic jams can be very frustrating waiting for a group with (any) trailers to get their party across the odd one here and there.
Traffic both ways can be affected for fairly large distances before there is a bit of space again between traffic.

Rig Road is probably the best option to cross for a new desert driver towing a camper.
Less on it, and a little easier.
FollowupID: 879575

Reply By: Keith B2 - Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 11:20

Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 11:20
I'd take a satphone.
We did it in April two years ago with a trailer west to east and had no problems at all. Just took it nice and slow in 1st and 2nd high range.
Make sure your tyres are good on tug and trailer. Running 14psi is a big test on tyre walls. I blew out two Coopers on the trip, but that's another story.
AnswerID: 609700

Reply By: cookie1 - Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 11:22

Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 11:22
Firstly this is directly from Desert Parks Bulletin - SA Government

Simpson Desert – Open to 4WD.

I do believe that commercial tour operators are not permitted to take trailers, and they mostly are highly experienced.

If you are an experienced sand 4wd'er then I would suspect that you wouldn't be asking but kudos to you for asking and not running head first into issues.

If you start getting bogged every other dune then the experience is probably not going to be enjoyable to you or your wife, and that's when the fight started :)

I have come across people that are constantly getting stuck both with and without trailers and boy do they make a mess as they try and bully their way up the dunes.

One thing I would ask though is that you ensure you have a good UHF Radio and call out at the top of the dunes every now and then and also take a Sat Phone or HF Radio and an Epirb / PLB should the shyte hit the fan and you are in danger.
AnswerID: 609701

Reply By: vk1dx - Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 11:28

Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 11:28
Parks South Australia ask you not to.

I respected that request and didn't.

I towed a T-van down the CSR. Did I damage the CSR - I do not believe so.

It's your choice to respect the wishes of those who manage the place or just ignore their request.

Phil
AnswerID: 609702

Follow Up By: TTTSA - Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 18:17

Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 18:17
Ahhh yes, the old guilt trip! Ever broken the speed limit Phil? Speed limits are law, not a request.
FollowupID: 879580

Follow Up By: vk1dx - Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 21:33

Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 21:33
Quite a childish response. Totally off the topic. I was talking about respect. Not the law.

I wonder how honest you are. Did you, or would you, tow a trailer etc through the Simpson? My guess is that you couldn't care less about respecting others wishes.

Phil
FollowupID: 879600

Follow Up By: TTTSA - Monday, Mar 27, 2017 at 09:56

Monday, Mar 27, 2017 at 09:56
I haven't towed through the Simpson yet, didn't have (in my eyes) a vehicle that was capable of towing across the Simpson.

I would now tow across the Simpson and in 2 weeks time we will be towing along the Canning Stock Route, which I'm sure is against many people's wishes.

I don't have any respect for our government, so I certainly wont be respecting any of THEIR wishes.

Peter
FollowupID: 879605

Reply By: Baz - The Landy - Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 14:26

Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 14:26
Hi Stumpyray…

This topic is popular and gets raised regularly without any great consensus due to the polarised view people tend to have on towing trailers across the Simpson.

Ultimately it is up to the individual to decide on whether to tow and that requires an honest appraisal taking into account the principles of:

“Think, Assess, and Decide”.

There is plenty to think about in that regard, including – experience; tow vehicle; camper trailer (there are camper trailers, and there are camper trailers; make sure it is suitable for the job!).

And don’t overlook the stress factor, bearing in mind if it all gets too hard you’re stuck with it – you want to enjoy the trip and not turn it into an endurance ordeal, right?

Hopefully this thread and your enquiry will provide you with the insights you are looking for and in the least give you some food for thought.

Having read many discussions on towing in the Simpson Desert over a long period of time, like me you may conclude there are three kinds of people whose experiences are all completely different and usually unique to their own circumstances. Bearing in mind, no two trips are likely to ever be the same.

(In no particular order)

Those who will never tow,

Those who have towed successfully with little or no problem, and

Those who vow they will never tow again and are still recovering from the ordeal…!

Which category you end-up in comes down to your own appraisal of “Think, Assess, and Decide”.

In terms of the best time to do it - certainly the cooler months and if you can, avoid the mid-year school holiday crowd, and once you decide on the number of days, don't be shy in adding a couple of more days just to sit back, relax, and take it all in.

Good luck with the adventure and whilst I have never towed in the Simpson I am indifferent to it one way or the other and have no bias, other than to say, sleeping in a swag looking up at a black sky illuminated by millions of stars is pure magic and our desert country is the perfect place to do this…!

And noting, we tour extensively with our Tvan, but our swags always travel with us.

Enjoy your trip!

Cheers, Baz – The Landy
AnswerID: 609705

Follow Up By: 9900Eagle - Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 18:49

Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 18:49
Baz, well said. Just a little to add to this is,many of these camper trailers now weigh 1.5t and people seeking information could lump their trailer in with the light camper trailers.

Followed some two heavy ones and it was a pain. Was a relaxing day when we got passed.

FollowupID: 879586

Reply By: stumpyray - Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 15:10

Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 15:10
Thank you for all the POSITIVE feedback, a couple of you have answered my query, for that i say thanks.

I gotta say, i would have expected a more professional response from the members of this forum.

At no time did i ask weather it was right or wrong (legal, morally or not) to tow a c/trailer across the Simpson.

Now the people that know me know my capabilities and i am not going to waste my time justifying them to all the armchair idiots on here.

Again thank you to all for your positive replies.
Cheers.

AnswerID: 609706

Follow Up By: Baz - The Landy - Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 15:21

Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 15:21
Stumpy

In all fairness, most people on here won't know you or your experience. If they did there would be no need for you to ask the collective thoughts of the "EO Community" which is generally very helpful and useful.

You've invited comment, perhaps you should take all comments constructively as for the most part it would appear all have been offered with good intent, and simply disregard those you choose to - but I'm not sure you will get many responses in the future if you are going to call people "arm-chair idiots" for taking the time to respond to your questions.

Each to their own I guess.

Baz - The Landy
FollowupID: 879567

Follow Up By: AlbyNSW - Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 15:41

Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 15:41
I agree with what Landy said
Your opening post says that you have a capable 4WD and trailer but the rest of the post suggests you have little knowledge on the subject ( be that true or not) hence the varied replies

A bit unfair to be calling the ones who didn't give you the answer you were looking for names and thanking those that did.

It is a contentious subject with mixed views, yes there are those that have done it successfully but just as many that have failed and cost them $$$ and heartache in the process

I suggest you use all the responses received to make an informed decision for yourself.
Cheers.
FollowupID: 879568

Follow Up By: Shaker - Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 16:25

Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 16:25
He actually asked 3 questions, the simple answer to the first one is "yes, you can"

FollowupID: 879571

Follow Up By: Les - PK Ranger - Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 18:03

Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 18:03
And number of days ?
I'd say 4 is normally enough, with a trailer, maybe take an extra day so you can drive more to conditions towing.
FollowupID: 879578

Follow Up By: Bazooka - Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 19:13

Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 19:13
Very diplomatically put Baz. Couldn't agree more (both your posts).
FollowupID: 879588

Follow Up By: Member - Odog - Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 19:36

Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 19:36
If that capable and experienced, you would have already been there and know what it's like.. ?
Some people want it to happen, some people wish it could happen, others make it happen!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 879593

Follow Up By: Shaker - Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 20:02

Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 20:02
So based on that, you can only be capable & experienced if you have been everywhere?

FollowupID: 879594

Follow Up By: cookie1 - Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 20:17

Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 20:17
Wow, I trust your trip goes well and that you do not have to call on any of us "armchair idiots" out there.
FollowupID: 879597

Follow Up By: Shaker - Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 21:11

Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 21:11
I think that comment came out of frustration, it's a bit like asking here which generator to buy & the anti-generator brigade come out of the woodwork, even when it wasn't said to be intended for camping.

FollowupID: 879598

Follow Up By: Member - mark D18 - Monday, Mar 27, 2017 at 09:56

Monday, Mar 27, 2017 at 09:56
Stumpy

Sorry I may have been one of the people who didn't give you the correct answer to your questions . In your query you came across inexperienced , hence my response . At least I now know not to assist you again as your desert knowledge seems unmatched .

Cheers
FollowupID: 879606

Follow Up By: gbc - Tuesday, Mar 28, 2017 at 10:07

Tuesday, Mar 28, 2017 at 10:07
Once you've been there a few times and you've listened to the same groups of morons from the tops of each dune as the radio crackles into life, then you find the morons, then you sit from 5 dunes away watching vehicles waiting at the top of each dune as far as the eye can see, then you put your vehicle at risk to recover the morons just so you can proceed, then listen to the same scenario unfold again and again, you are entitled to an opinion about trailers in the desert. You obviously haven't been. You are respectfully asked by the park managers to leave it at home. When you get your desert parks pack it is made abundantly clear. Some years it's easy, some not so. Your intended route also plays a big part. I have a lot of experience towing in sand. I wouldn't tow on places like the French line unless someone paid me. A trailer never made driving in sand better.
FollowupID: 879624

Reply By: Member - Warrie (NSW) - Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 18:50

Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 18:50
Noticed only one mention of The Rig Road. For a c/t it has to be this or nothing as the other tracks are not clay-capped.Go into Places and check out all the pix to get an idea of track conditions...... W
Warrie

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 609709

Reply By: Alloy c/t - Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 19:32

Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 19:32
The simple answer is 'yes u can' ,,, yes there are 'recommendations' to not tow BUT in truth the only one who can answer the question is yourself ,,,, to tow or not to tow ?? Personally I'm one who subscribes to the theory that 4 ton of vehicle & extra fuel etc is better on 6 wheels rather than 4 so a well built BUT relatively light trailer does less damage than any overloaded vehicle , and lets be honest , most 4x4 available today would be overloaded when doing a crossing..
AnswerID: 609713

Reply By: Member - Scott & Sally - Monday, Mar 27, 2017 at 00:57

Monday, Mar 27, 2017 at 00:57
I've done 8 crossings of the Simpson (French Line, WAA, Rig road, K1 & QAA. Both with and without a camper trailer. If this is your 1st crossing and you have time to rearrange your trip I think tackling the Simpson would be a lot easier if you did it on your return from the Rock. My reasons being that the dunes are far more forgiving when approached from West to East with a gentler slope to attack. The rig road would be my pick with the only hard work being the last few dunes before the K1 line then up to Poepprel Cnr then the QAA line.
AnswerID: 609716

Follow Up By: Member - Boobook - Monday, Mar 27, 2017 at 07:17

Monday, Mar 27, 2017 at 07:17
Good point..

The other reason to go W-E is that the dunes are biggest at the East End.

Going from W-E is like a training course, preparing you for the harder dunes. Going from E-W presents the largest dunes first.

As to the Rig Road. IMHO if you are not confident enough to do the WAA or French Rd then don't take the trailer.

The Rig Rd is fine but for a first Simpson crossing it isn't the same experience. Too much of a compromise just to bring the trailer.

FollowupID: 879603

Follow Up By: Les - PK Ranger - Monday, Mar 27, 2017 at 08:43

Monday, Mar 27, 2017 at 08:43
AND the biggest plus for going W - E . . . you use up fuel / water / food / beer as you get to the biggest dunes on QAA, thus making driving easier, safer, less stress on vehicle / trailer.
FollowupID: 879604

Follow Up By: Member - peter_mc - Tuesday, Mar 28, 2017 at 12:41

Tuesday, Mar 28, 2017 at 12:41
If the dunes are harder at the East end then that might be a good spot to start - if you can't get over them easily then you know it's not going to happen. If you start from the West they keep getting harder so you don't know if you're going to make it.

Fail early... it's less painful for everyone!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 879630

Follow Up By: Les - PK Ranger - Tuesday, Mar 28, 2017 at 12:47

Tuesday, Mar 28, 2017 at 12:47
Lol, well yeah that's one way to look at it Peter !!

Really though, with probably a full load of fuel and water, food for another 4 days, beer (a biggie) then the starting weight makes travel more difficult beginning on the east side for sure.
Tackling Big Red with big loads is risky for multiple goes to 'conquer it', as many vehicles are over GVM for the first few days with this extra weight.
FollowupID: 879631

Reply By: Jackolux - Monday, Mar 27, 2017 at 08:56

Monday, Mar 27, 2017 at 08:56
You say you have a " capable 4wd & camper, " what 4WD and Camper do you have how heavy is the Camper how heavy is the whole thing .
AnswerID: 609721

Reply By: Member - Outback Gazz - Tuesday, Mar 28, 2017 at 20:36

Tuesday, Mar 28, 2017 at 20:36
Sometimes I think this site should be called .....

I'mRightYou'reWrongTheWayYouDoThingsInOz.com
AnswerID: 609770

Follow Up By: Member - mark D18 - Wednesday, Mar 29, 2017 at 20:40

Wednesday, Mar 29, 2017 at 20:40
Gazz

Good to see everyone ignored your childish comment ( yep I know except me )
FollowupID: 879672

Follow Up By: Member - Outback Gazz - Wednesday, Mar 29, 2017 at 20:53

Wednesday, Mar 29, 2017 at 20:53
Mark

Maybe there are a lot of people on here that fit into that I'm Right You're wrong category which is becoming extremely common on here lately and they are too embarrassed to reply !

I didn't see the comment as childish - I was just posting what I saw as a realistic observation !

See - I'm right you're wrong lol lol

Cheers

Gazz

FollowupID: 879673

Follow Up By: Member - mark D18 - Wednesday, Mar 29, 2017 at 21:13

Wednesday, Mar 29, 2017 at 21:13
Gazz

Childish was a bit harsh .

Cheers

FollowupID: 879674

Follow Up By: Baz - The Landy - Thursday, Mar 30, 2017 at 09:09

Thursday, Mar 30, 2017 at 09:09
Perhaps it is worthy to note that many questions or topics raised on the EO Forum don’t necessarily have a right or wrong answer – many are subjective, which gives the opportunity for discussion.

But in these cases respondents can only provide their viewpoint or insight into their own experience. And I will highlight “their own viewpoint or insight”. Whether others think it is right or wrong is irrelevant if that is “their” experience or viewpoint.

Unfortunately, discussions tend to unravel as people seemingly want to debate (ad nauseum) the merits of someone else’s experience or insight rather than simply accept it might differ to their own…

Mind you, this thread could easily been answered with one word “yes”.

And given the response by the original poster to some of the respondents that is probably all he deserved, rather than the insight many in the “EO Community” were able to offer on the topic.

Ultimately, once forums loose respect and courtesy they are doomed to fail – hopefully that doesn’t happen to EO, but it is showing signs of trending that way, at times!

Baz – The Landy
FollowupID: 879680

Follow Up By: Shaker - Thursday, Mar 30, 2017 at 12:38

Thursday, Mar 30, 2017 at 12:38
It would be interesting to know if all respondents have actually crossed the Simpson Desert.

FollowupID: 879683

Follow Up By: Member - mark D18 - Thursday, Mar 30, 2017 at 17:58

Thursday, Mar 30, 2017 at 17:58
Shaker

So if some of the respondance haven't crossed the Simpson desert there opinions shouldn't count ? , what if say they completed the Googs track , would that fill your criteria for experience in desert travel .
FollowupID: 879695

Follow Up By: Shaker - Thursday, Mar 30, 2017 at 19:43

Thursday, Mar 30, 2017 at 19:43
It would fill my criteria for Googs Track.

FollowupID: 879696

Sponsored Links