Bushman fridge

Submitted: Tuesday, Apr 04, 2017 at 18:15
ThreadID: 134598 Views:3916 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi, I just wanted to post something positive for a change re support.

I bought a 2nd hand Bushman fridge a few years ago for a few hundred bucks out of cashies and never really used it, when I finally plugged it in it wouldn't quite run properly, cutting off completely then coming back on randomly.

Anyway I rang Bushman Melbourne and they really couldn't be more helpful, especially when I'd had enough and wanted to turf it!
They sent me a new circuit board to test out before they even took my credit card, fortunately that was the problem, runs like a gem now! I mentioned the lid was buckled and they also sent me what looked like a brand new lid, $88- for the new board which i thought was peanuts, I'd imagine an Engel (which i also own) circuit board would have been a 2 or 3 hundred as would Waeco most likely, the lid was a lousy forty odd, about $140 for both delivered to the Gold Coast!

Anyway, I thought I'd give them a good wrap and if I ever need a new fridge Bushman will be high on my list!! No affiliation.

Cheers Wayne.
Back Expand Un-Read 9 Moderator

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Wednesday, Apr 05, 2017 at 07:40

Wednesday, Apr 05, 2017 at 07:40
Good to read about your positive experience. That is how manufacturers maintain their excellent reputation.

Just for comparison, an Engel board cost is around $400 fitted.
Had mine replaced a couple of years ago after a short in the 12v lead (mechanical mishap) fried the 12v side of the board, even though "protected" by a fuse.
Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 609931

Follow Up By: AlbyNSW - Wednesday, Apr 05, 2017 at 19:36

Wednesday, Apr 05, 2017 at 19:36
The good thing about the Bushman fridge is that you can change the board easily yourself and if you have a problem they will express problem st one to you anywhere in the country so that you can fix it whilst on the road plus there is a manual bypass switch to keep the fridge running in the interim.

This feature was what made me buy one over the other brands
FollowupID: 879833

Reply By: PeteS - Thursday, Apr 06, 2017 at 07:46

Thursday, Apr 06, 2017 at 07:46
I have also had the same friendly and helpful service numerous times from Bushman. They go out of their way to try and resolve the issue over the phone, you never feel like it's a bother to them. The fridges control unit is easy to replace and setup for easy fault finding.

Cheers
PeteS
AnswerID: 609968

Follow Up By: Nutta - Thursday, Apr 06, 2017 at 08:19

Thursday, Apr 06, 2017 at 08:19
For me to replace the board was literally a 3 minute job, a breeze, and only $88-!
They really do bend over backwards to please, shame more companies can't be like that!!
FollowupID: 879854

Reply By: Mick O - Friday, Apr 07, 2017 at 07:22

Friday, Apr 07, 2017 at 07:22
Thanks for the report Wayne. The young bloke is looking for a new fridge and had commented on the Bushman. I've got two of each of the other brands that have been trouble free for many years touchwood. I'll tell him to have have a closer look at the bushman. Cheers. Mick
''We knew from the experience of well-known travelers that the
trip would doubtless be attended with much hardship.''
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 609994

Sponsored Links