ExplorOZ Traveller vs Ozi

Submitted: Monday, Jul 03, 2017 at 20:12
ThreadID: 135196 Views:2229 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hey all

Finally renewed my membership after a number of years where we have not been doing any local travel due to work commitments and loads of overseas travel.

I have been looking at the ExplorOz Traveller app and maps, but having used Ozi for many years now was wondering if there was anyone who either had Ozi and changed, or who perhaps uses both.

Would love to hear your thoughts and opinions prior to making my final decision whether to go and purchase the Android version of Ozi (currently have the PC and Win CE versions)

From what I have read, if going to Traveller, to make it worthwhile you also need to purchase the Premium map pack which I guess makes sense :)

Fire away - interested to hear your thoughts.
Cheers

Richard

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Oz Wanderer - Tuesday, Jul 04, 2017 at 07:45

Tuesday, Jul 04, 2017 at 07:45
I've done a number of 3 month long trips into the outback, and I only ever used Ozi with Hema maps, and now with Map.me for street navigation, that seems to have worked for me well.
AnswerID: 612315

Follow Up By: Member - RFLundgren (NSW) - Tuesday, Jul 04, 2017 at 12:22

Tuesday, Jul 04, 2017 at 12:22
Thanks for the info. I had not heard of Map.me, but have downloaded and it looks pretty good.

I have so many maps already that I have used with Ozi, so already quite a large investment, so will see how it all goes from here.

Cheers

Richard

FollowupID: 882565

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Tuesday, Jul 04, 2017 at 18:55

Tuesday, Jul 04, 2017 at 18:55
I wouldn't replace OziExplorer with anything soon.
I have just returned from an 8 week trip where I was running 3 different tracking devices.
Hema Navigator running OziExplorer.
iPhone6 running EO Traveller.
Spot messenger.
I will be posting my experience with all 3 but haven't yet found the time to construct my review of all 3.
Stay Posted!
Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 612333

Follow Up By: Member - RFLundgren (NSW) - Wednesday, Jul 05, 2017 at 06:48

Wednesday, Jul 05, 2017 at 06:48
Thanks Bill, will look forward to your write up.
Cheers

Richard

FollowupID: 882574

Reply By: Member - Paul B (WA) - Thursday, Jul 06, 2017 at 00:00

Thursday, Jul 06, 2017 at 00:00
Yeah, I've swapped from Ozi to the Exploroz app bcause I like the elegant simplicity of the iPad with it's bigger screen but without a heavy laptop with wires everywhere.
I was an enthusistic Ozi user but EO Topo is now my preference.
AnswerID: 612371

Sponsored Links