Garmin GPS

Submitted: Monday, Aug 28, 2017 at 13:03
ThreadID: 135471 Views:2843 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Received the new Garmin DriveSmart 51 today, I don't do much travel these days, but it will be handy if I head to Sydney, my old Garmin 1410T has been installed with the European Mapping , language changed to German and it will be posted to my friend in Nurnberg , Germany, he hasn't got a GPS and uses the old way with paper maps, He seen how it worked in 2015 when I was over there, hey I must tell you ... I seen a 4X4 motor home in Germany , tried to get a photo of the rear but it turned off before I could get a pic, it had a box on the back with a large sticker for ARB and next to it was another with IRONMAN sticker , so my guess is the vehicle has been to Australia.
gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: RMD - Monday, Aug 28, 2017 at 16:54

Monday, Aug 28, 2017 at 16:54
They order online and receive a large sticker to promote the product.
It is called pre paid marketing.
AnswerID: 613343

Reply By: 9900Eagle - Monday, Aug 28, 2017 at 19:12

Monday, Aug 28, 2017 at 19:12
Doug, Mine took me up a road a few days ago fully loaded with the van on the back, I knew another way that i had travelled many times before but I made the mistake of trusting the little lady. She took me along a reasonable road, onto a dirt road and then onto a rougher road and then to a sign. Trucks, buses and caravans don't even think about it. Cost me 100K, but I have seen another part of the country, so nothing lost.

Are you still doing a stint on orange community radio.

All the best young fella and is the troopie still going.
AnswerID: 613347

Follow Up By: Life Member-Doug T NSW - Monday, Aug 28, 2017 at 22:26

Monday, Aug 28, 2017 at 22:26
Many people don't change the settings from shortest route to Fastest , that's the problem, as soon as I got it turned on that's the settings I checked,
Yes I still do radio at FM107.5 , 2 programs on Saturday, 9am to 1pm with a mix of music from around the world, and 5pm to 7pm with Rockabilly , if you listen on Internet send me a Facebook message and I'll give a call, sometimes I play some 4X4 songs. just returned from Germany on 6th, went to see my favorite Andrea,
gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 883801

Reply By: Jackolux - Tuesday, Aug 29, 2017 at 10:45

Tuesday, Aug 29, 2017 at 10:45
I have just been doing some research to buy a new GPS , I have always had Garmins , I have a Nuvi 3597 and a Zumo 350 both good units

I use Garmin Base Camp to plan routes , even 4WD tracks , one thing I find very annoying with the Nuvi is if I miss a Way Point or Shaping Point for any reason , track / road realigned or just change my mind and take a short detour , it will keep asking to do a U-turn , you must hit that point .

With the Zumo in the settings " Off Route Recalculation " I can change it from Auto to Off or Prompt , it will then ask if I want to recalculate , I just press no or if set to off it will just keep navigating when I come back on the my uploaded route I just carry on

As far as I can find out only the Motorcycle Zumo's have that feature , I have researched YouTube ect about the DriveSmart 51 but cant find out

The setting on the Zumo is in " Navigation - set route preference -
" Off Route Calculation " Auto - Off - Prompted "
would you mind seeing if the 51 has that option
Regards Jacko
AnswerID: 613359

Sponsored Links