Comeroo Station Sold?

Submitted: Thursday, Sep 21, 2017 at 16:31
ThreadID: 135615 Views:2822 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Having spent a couple of nights camped at Comeroo Station, the cook and I were invited up to the homestead camp kitchen for a bbq, as we were camped some 400mts away on the Cuttaburra creek. Whilst there, we helped celebrate Bruce's 70th birthday as well as the selling of the Station that day. Still subject to other variation on property selling, but the prospective new owner is looking to keep the station running as an outback bed and camping facility. The artesian bores on the property have now been capped but, Bruce has set up a spa bath on thr one near the homestead with a 75mm inlet to the tub that takes about 3minutes to fill. What a great relaxing way to spend 10minutes or so. Yep you come out like a red soft prune, but all worth it. When you pull the plug, the water flows into a small channel out to the paddock. The funniest thing to watch is the geese that are there. They quickly head towards the channel for a hot bath, then go back to foraging. I hope the new owners will also do the property stay justice, as it is a lovely spot to camp, even with basic facilities. There is also cabins you can book if you wish to go that way.
location - Warragul -Victoria
life is too short, so out and about enjoy

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Rod N (QLD) - Thursday, Sep 21, 2017 at 16:56

Thursday, Sep 21, 2017 at 16:56
I take it you mean the Comeroo Camel Station between Bourke and Hungerford?
AnswerID: 613873

Follow Up By: GarryR - Thursday, Sep 21, 2017 at 17:24

Thursday, Sep 21, 2017 at 17:24
Yes - The station next to Naree Station approx. 65k's SE of Hungerford. They stopped doing the Camel ride thing a long time ago due to lack of interest. The spa was at that bore about 12k from the homestead, but is now capped, hence bringing the spa tub back to the homestead bore for easier access by campers etc that stay.
location - Warragul -Victoria
life is too short, so out and about enjoy

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 884432

Sponsored Links