2018 EOTopo Release - this week !

Submitted: Monday, Feb 05, 2018 at 20:29
ThreadID: 136225 Views:2445 Replies:7 FollowUps:6
This Thread has been Archived
EOTopo 2018 is on track for release this week.

EOTopo Standard and EOTopo Premium will be available via the ExplorOz online shop by the end of the week. After payment, you will receive an email with a link to the download page. You must be logged in, for the download page to validate your purchase. NOTE: if you are expecting to get an upgrade discount, you must be logged in to validate your past purchase history and you will need to enter the upgrade promo code. This promo code will be emailed to all who qualify on release date.

A new version of the ExplorOz Traveller app will be released to the stores (Playstore, App Store, Windows Store) - after updating the app, you will then need to open Data Manager and delete all your offline maps (to remove the 2015.1 version maps). You will then stay in the Data Manager and press download for each of the new 2018 EOTopo maps you want to download.

The Memory-Map release will be forthcoming after the main release but will not be available on the same day. ETA approx 1-2 weeks later.

EOTopo 2018 Online is now published to level 16 - 18K scale (however this will also be refreshed over the next few days to sync the latest update).
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 4 Moderator

Reply By: RobAck - Wednesday, Feb 07, 2018 at 10:14

Wednesday, Feb 07, 2018 at 10:14
Michelle thanks for the update. We are very recent purchasers of you maps, within the last two weeks. We use an iPad for outback navigation and have for several years now as it gives us a much broader view of the area we are in from which we can of course dive in to more detail when required

Our purchase of maps was, I thought, all made through the app store? That is where the money went according to the receipts.

So my question is. Do we use the same process we originally took or and looking at your advice, need to log into your online shop in the first instance?

Rob
AnswerID: 616740

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Wednesday, Feb 07, 2018 at 13:33

Wednesday, Feb 07, 2018 at 13:33
Rob sorry if this is confusing.

Let me reiterate:

We produce a map of Australia - this product is called EOTopo. The map itself is available in a few different outputs and formats to suit different user types/devices/software.

1 version is raster map files. The maps are sold as ECW files and OZF4 files. The maps are sold through our shop. The new raster products are called EOTopo Standard and EOTopo Premium and will replace the product previously known as EOTopo 200K. This product has never been available through the app store.

A second version is the ExplorOz Traveller Premium Map pack which is how you get the EOTopo offline map set into our app - ExplorOz Traveller. You cannot use the ECW files or OZF4 files in the app - you must use the version that is specifically made for the app and is downloaded through the app. To upgrade to the 2018 EOTopo maps for Traveller you will do as I've outlined in my original post. There is no charge to update.

Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 616745

Reply By: Member BarryG - Thursday, Feb 08, 2018 at 14:43

Thursday, Feb 08, 2018 at 14:43
Thanks Michelle,

I can't get EOTopo 2018 Online (from Safari or Chrome on my MacBook Air) to go past Level 14. Am I misunderstanding something, or is the rollout not yet done?
I've tried Perth, Sydney & Melbourne and 14 is the limit.

Regards
Barry Gange
AnswerID: 616765

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Thursday, Feb 08, 2018 at 14:49

Thursday, Feb 08, 2018 at 14:49
That's strange - are you using this page? the main EOTopo page, that offers the EOTopo map inside the window? or are you using the map in Places or is there another page link you can give me? I am seeing Level 16 on all these. Can you please give me the link to the page you are on where you don't see past Level 14 - also have you tried a page refresh - it could just be your caching maybe.
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 888196

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Thursday, Feb 08, 2018 at 15:16

Thursday, Feb 08, 2018 at 15:16
Thanks Barry - I just tested again and today Levels 15 & 16 are indeed not showing on the main EOTopo webpage but are everywhere else (including in the app, and in Places) so David is going to need to reload those online tiles - will be done within the next hour.
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 888199

Follow Up By: Member BarryG - Thursday, Feb 08, 2018 at 16:57

Thursday, Feb 08, 2018 at 16:57
Thanks Michelle,

All good now!

Regards
Barry
FollowupID: 888203

Reply By: RobAck - Friday, Feb 09, 2018 at 14:41

Friday, Feb 09, 2018 at 14:41
Michelle thanks for your advice. iPad now downloading all map sets with no issues

Rob
AnswerID: 616786

Reply By: Yunderup Fox n Wifey - Monday, Feb 12, 2018 at 13:24

Monday, Feb 12, 2018 at 13:24
Hi Michelle

I encounted a bit of a problem when deleting off line maps after updating my Explore Oz Traveller to the new version 3.0.0
The app crashed twice and I ended up with 2 deleted maps and 2 partially loaded maps as per the sceenshot attached.
Could you give me some direction to rectify please prior to me downloading the newer maps.
Cheers
Charlie Stewart
P.S. i also sent an email so a response to either will be fine. I just thought after i sent the email,mif i posted on here others may benifit from it as well.
Overdrawn at the memory bank?

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 616858

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Monday, Feb 12, 2018 at 14:28

Monday, Feb 12, 2018 at 14:28
Hi Charlie,
What concerns me in your screen shot is that you show 2 maps that are Partially installed - this means you've not completed one before starting the other. Please be patient and check what you're doing and delete only 1 at a time. From where you are now, I would recommend going into Advanced, and pressing Clear Maps DB.
Then reboot your device. If you still have troubles, I would recommend you uninstall the app - then reboot your device and then install the app again from the app store. Once you've got a database problem it is almost impossible to fix unless you start afresh.
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 888276

Reply By: Yunderup Fox n Wifey - Monday, Feb 12, 2018 at 14:36

Monday, Feb 12, 2018 at 14:36
Thanks Michelle,
I will try your suggestions.
Just to be clear, as per my first post, I didn't try and delete any maps before the other had finished. The app crashed while it was deleting on both occasions. On restart the result was partially loaded maps.
Kind regards
Charlie

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 616860

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Monday, Feb 12, 2018 at 14:39

Monday, Feb 12, 2018 at 14:39
ok that's interesting. I did a deliberate test of this last night and closed the app midway through loading maps and got a partially loaded but it let me recontinue as soon as I opened it again, as it should. But I've not seen it do it the other way around - ie. partially delete. So in that case the Clear DB would do it for you all in one go. The other alternative is to uninstall which also deletes - but it can take a very long time for some devices to uninstall - over an hour. So patience is needed. What we are seeing here is some older OS just struggling with the delete process.
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 888278

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Monday, Feb 12, 2018 at 14:42

Monday, Feb 12, 2018 at 14:42
Charlie - if you continue to need assistance I really need to do this directly with you once-on-one so let's communicate via email or live chat.
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 888279

Reply By: Yunderup Fox n Wifey - Monday, Feb 12, 2018 at 15:03

Monday, Feb 12, 2018 at 15:03
No Worries Michelle,
Will see how it goes. If i have trouble i will be in touch through one of the methods suggested.
Cheers
Charlie

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 616864

Sponsored Links