Burnerbinmah reserve - Western Australia

Submitted: Tuesday, Feb 27, 2018 at 16:48
ThreadID: 136337 Views:2021 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone has been out to this nature reserve. If so, is it a nice reserve to have to have a drive around, I've noticed lots of rockholes noted.
Thanks.
"Nothing that matters comes easy
Nothing that comes easy ever really matters"

My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: new boy - Tuesday, Feb 27, 2018 at 17:44

Tuesday, Feb 27, 2018 at 17:44
Hi Michelle Whilst I haven,t been to Burnerbinmah I have been to Thunderlarra and Warriedar yes there is plenty to see in the area . Best time would be wild flower time so August/September . The gravel roads in the area are excellent .
AnswerID: 617226

Reply By: Member - Rowdy6032 (WA) - Tuesday, Feb 27, 2018 at 20:25

Tuesday, Feb 27, 2018 at 20:25
Hi
It's probably a couple of years now since we were out that way. The station now comes under DPaW(have changed their name). They had a caretaker but when we rocked up unannounced they weren't there and the gate was locked. We couldn't get access so we moved on.
Suggest you ring DPaW Midwest Region Office in Geraldton ph 99640901 for the lowdown and contact number for caretaker if they still have one. Supposed to be rock art and orchids in season.
Check out Warriedar if you are in the area.
Regards
AnswerID: 617232

Follow Up By: rocco2010 - Tuesday, Feb 27, 2018 at 20:54

Tuesday, Feb 27, 2018 at 20:54
Hi

There was a ranger resident at nearby Thundelarra when I passed that way last spring.

I think they were just finishing off some facilities for campers so that might be a good base for exploring.

The homestead there is not in the best shape but it worth a visit for a reminder of life on in the stations when Australia rode on the sheep's back.

Good country to visit in a good year for wildflowers. Have half a plan to head that way up through the Gascoyne to the Pilbara later in the year.

Cheers

FollowupID: 888821

Reply By: Austag - Tuesday, Feb 27, 2018 at 23:45

Tuesday, Feb 27, 2018 at 23:45
Thanks for the replies guys, looking forward to tonking around that area and have a looking at whats out there.
"Nothing that matters comes easy
Nothing that comes easy ever really matters"

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 617237

Sponsored Links