Onan generator - followup

Submitted: Monday, Mar 25, 2019 at 15:00
ThreadID: 138028 Views:2863 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
This Thread has been Locked
Hi all ,
On 26/2 thread 137870, I asked if anyone knew somewhere to get my Onan repaired.
By chance Alan from Exactagen, Thomastown vic. (Onan service dealer) saw my post and replied .
When I phoned Alan, my impression was that he knows the Onan product quite well. After I gave him the symptoms he told me it would probably be the coil wire. Which it turned out to be , so a new coil and spark plug and a few tweaks , and replacing some bolts the company in Adelaide left out, it is running perfectly. 3 hours labour and $100 of parts “job done!” He is $145 an hour but he’s worth it.
I highly recommend Alan for the Onan generator’s , I won’t bother with anyone else , I freight it to him if I need to.
The Onan dealer in Adelaide charged me 7 hours and $ 500 of parts , only ran less than 10 minutes then wouldn’t start again. I presume the coil wire must have connected for a while. Then they wanted to pull the whole thing apart to check if a keyway/key was broken! Which was estimated to be a 5 hour job. I have farmed and also run a tyre business etc so have reasonable knowledge of engines and was pretty sure it wouldn’t be a broken key. Hence I didn’t have them do any more. I’d already parted wth over $1500 to them.

Anyway if anyone needs an Onan repaired call Alan at Exactagen.

Thanks to the previous replies for trying to help.
Cheers
Shane
Back Expand Un-Read 2 Moderator

Reply By: ModSquad - Monday, Mar 25, 2019 at 15:24

Monday, Mar 25, 2019 at 15:24
Next time, just post a reply in your own post rather than start another post on the same subject - this is the only way to be sure everyone who was interested and saw your post initially can be thanked or see your update.
Moderation is just rules

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 624618

Sponsored Links