Platypus flat campground - can u SUP there

Submitted: Monday, Sep 30, 2019 at 12:49
ThreadID: 139128 Views:3481 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Has anyone been to Platypus flat campground?
Thinking about going there this weekend with a 6 year old? How is it for kids?
Can u swim where ur tent is?
Also is it SUP friendly? Obviously not where the rapids are but near the tent area is it still enough to STAND UP PADDLE BOARD?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Mark (Tamworth NSW) - Monday, Sep 30, 2019 at 14:06

Monday, Sep 30, 2019 at 14:06
Alexandra
Been a few years since I was down there, but great place for kids provided they can swim.
Water in main pool is calm, I would think the water would be too cold for swimming still. The area has extensive tree cover and only gets a limited amount of direct sunlight. Beautiful spot though
Can certainly swim near tent area. Car park then bollards, then camping area then large water pool area. Use Google earth and or Google maps you may be able to view it. Guess you can SUP, I've never done it
The water may be a bit warmer down river at The Junction, have a look at that area. That's where the rafters finish their two day trip down from Platypus Flat
Don't need a 4WD to get to Platypus Flat, you need the ground clearance of a 4WD for The Junction. The 60 000Ha Birds nest bushfire was immediately to the west of Platypus Flat, I'd check it out with the rangers at Dorrigo as well
Mark
AnswerID: 627934

Sponsored Links