Pyrenees Gathering - just finished

Submitted: Wednesday, Nov 20, 2019 at 18:41
ThreadID: 139344 Views:5994 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
This event was held at Glenpatrick Reserve about 9ks north of Elmhurst. The event was attended by 10 people ( 5 couples) from the friday to sunday lunchtime. The weather was really kind to us, in the fact it was overcast and did not rain. Four of the couples also attended the recent National Gathering at Lake Paika outside of Balranald - yep a 4 week reunion. The group went for a small drive and walk to find an old mine tunnel to no avail, but arvo drinks and nibbles was great. A trip into Avoca was made for lunch at the local pub, followed by a trip to the lookout to soak in the views, then onto 2 wineries. 2 of girls were in there glory knowing that they had designated drivers, as the 3 blokes do not drink wine. The following day, Sunday, Judy and I took the back tracks to Talbot for the farmers market. This market is not to be missed, as I have never seen anything like it - 4 main streets in town with stores open etc. In saying this, I did all my christmas shopping in one hit, lightening the old wallet. We managed to get back to the campsite in time to say goodbye to those that needed to leave at midday. We then broke camp and departed about 1.00pm, as Judy and I only had to travel to her brothers farm some 40ks away for another overnight stop and family get together. Although Bonz could not attend due to last minute medical issues, much enjoyment was had, and some new friendships made. I am sure others that went will also log their opinions about they gathering.
location - Warragul -Victoria
life is too short, so out and about enjoy

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 5 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Murray R (VIC) - Wednesday, Nov 20, 2019 at 20:07

Wednesday, Nov 20, 2019 at 20:07
Hi Garry
Was a relaxing weekend and good to catch up again even if it as 4 weeks or so from seeing you and Judy. Maybe next time we should find a brewery and have the girls as designated drivers LOL.
We called into Talbot on the way home, but only got 3/4 hr there as every stall started to close up shop.

Murray
Another Mexican

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 628738

Reply By: Robin Miller - Friday, Nov 22, 2019 at 20:22

Friday, Nov 22, 2019 at 20:22
As you say Garry , numbers were down , but had a good time and actually got to talk to everyone.

Hope to se you all at next one - Mt Ive !
Robin Miller

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 628760

Sponsored Links