Theft in Kalbarri

Reposting this from a FB page, somebody may have seen something.

One of the handmade emus was stolen between 2 and 3pm today (12/8/2020) from the pathway leading to Kalbarri Skywalk in Kalbarri National Park.
We’re reaching out to see if anyone may have seen anything or could keep their eyes open to have the emu returned to its mob.
This is very disheartening with our new attraction being for the people…

Please contact the Kalbarri Police or Kalbarri Parks and Wildlife if you have any information.
John and Jan

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: Member - McLaren3030 - Friday, Aug 14, 2020 at 07:44

Friday, Aug 14, 2020 at 07:44
Selfish arrogant people. Hopefully someone will have some information that will lead to the return of the emu.

Macca.
Macca.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 632945

Reply By: Member - Jim S1 - Friday, Aug 14, 2020 at 08:18

Friday, Aug 14, 2020 at 08:18
It's hard to imagine the thought processes these people have. In general, vandals aren't the brightest spoons in the drawer.

Cheers
J
"Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits." A fisherman.

"No road is long with good company." Traditional

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 632947

Reply By: Bushranger1 - Friday, Aug 14, 2020 at 08:24

Friday, Aug 14, 2020 at 08:24
G'day John,
Seems you can't have these things on display any more due to a few selfish people in our midst.
Pretty hard to stop it even using cameras.
Mallee Fowl sculpture was taken from Kiata in Little Desert & a few years back & caretaker at Mt Tomah Botanic Gardens in Blue mountains said people were stealing the carnivorous plants from the display!
Cheers
Stu
AnswerID: 632948

Reply By: Member - rocco2010 - Friday, Aug 14, 2020 at 09:52

Friday, Aug 14, 2020 at 09:52
No hope for some people.

Might mention I was in Kalbarri a week or so ago and new Skywalk is proving very popular. Probably 100 vehicles in the car park late morning when I was there.

There is even a cafe there which I am sure will be welcomed by many.

Kalbarri was very busy as it would usually be at this time of year, but many visitors would normally be from the eastern states. This year they are all from WA. A lot of locals are out and about which is good for business .

It was a similar story at other popular places along the coast.

Thoughts are with those who can’t travel.

Stay safe.
AnswerID: 632950

Sponsored Links