ULURU KATA TJUTA

Submitted: Wednesday, Dec 30, 2020 at 09:36
ThreadID: 140917 Views:6418 Replies:5 FollowUps:8
This Thread has been Archived
This Thread has been Locked
If you want to learn something and have a better understanding of the reasons behind the closing of the climbing of Uluru, I can highly recommend the book “I am Uluru, a Family’s Story by Jen Cowley. Very informative and a history lesson.

Macca.
Macca.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: bobsabobsa - Wednesday, Dec 30, 2020 at 09:57

Wednesday, Dec 30, 2020 at 09:57
Uluru , a victim of "climb-it" change
AnswerID: 634553

Reply By: Andrew f5 - Wednesday, Dec 30, 2020 at 11:00

Wednesday, Dec 30, 2020 at 11:00
Good book.
AnswerID: 634555

Reply By: The Explorer - Wednesday, Dec 30, 2020 at 11:10

Wednesday, Dec 30, 2020 at 11:10
I found this article interesting....

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 634556

Follow Up By: nick g1 - Wednesday, Dec 30, 2020 at 11:43

Wednesday, Dec 30, 2020 at 11:43
At the risk of re-ignighting the bitter debate, that article says it all.
FollowupID: 911790

Reply By: Andrew f5 - Wednesday, Dec 30, 2020 at 12:43

Wednesday, Dec 30, 2020 at 12:43

Yes when wanting to know what’s really going on, some old whitefella that has never stepped foot in the place is the person you want to talk to! I mean seriously does this look like someone who is an authority on what’s happening in mutitjulu? Ridiculous. This guy is a fool and anyone who values information from people with 0 on ground experience is also fool. But hey that’s indigenous affairs through and through.
AnswerID: 634558

Follow Up By: Gronk - Wednesday, Dec 30, 2020 at 13:01

Wednesday, Dec 30, 2020 at 13:01
The old whitefella seems to have more qualifications than most of us and appears to have done his research.
What part of that story do you think is incorrect ?
FollowupID: 911798

Reply By: Andrew f5 - Wednesday, Dec 30, 2020 at 13:18

Wednesday, Dec 30, 2020 at 13:18
So? Qualifications and research are completely worthless in a cross cultural and language environment. His quals and research simply amount to information from other equally misinformed rubbish. There is so much rubbish out there it is like sifting through the tip.

He is just another agency denying, thinly veiled racist boomer. He is going on about the board of management making these convoluted decisions on behalf of the mutitjulu community. but the board is half Anangu, the chairman of the board is Anangu. These are their wishes, end of story. He is guilty of the exact thing he is accusing the board of doing, the bleep ing hypocrite. Even when aboriginal people make a decision on their own land about their own future, old whitefellas simply claim it wasn’t their decision anyway as other whitefellas actually made it. The denial of agency in indigenous affairs is disgusting. If people actually respected the wishes of aboriginal people, we wouldn’t even need to have this conversation.

Which parts are wrong? I’m not going to explain it, as quite frankly it’s none of anyone’s business. Uluru lies on Aboriginal Freehold Land and for those that disagree, their opinion is completely worthless as our highest courts say they are wrong. The owners have said they want it closed and why should they have to explain it anymore than you have to explain to people what you do on your own property? Yes some Anangu wanted to keep it open, however they were a minority. The other great myth of indigenous affairs is that aboriginal communities aren’t populated by human beings that have their own agendas and politics.

This guy is ignorant and it says a lot about our society that people can’t grasp that someone like this is the very last person who would understand anything about Uluru. If he’s been to central Australia before it wouldn’t of been for more than a few days on holiday.

As for my qualifications? Well I spent all of yesterday bush bashing while hunting roo’s with the chairman of Uluru Kata Tjuta National Park . Ara-li wakani tjungupai, we go hunting together all the time

AnswerID: 634562

Follow Up By: Gronk - Wednesday, Dec 30, 2020 at 13:53

Wednesday, Dec 30, 2020 at 13:53
OK, sorry. You are a bush basher and roo hunter, and it seems an expert on aboriginal affairs.

You've no doubt got a solution to the plight of the true indigenous people of this land, but it would want to be a good one because all the others have failed.
FollowupID: 911799

Follow Up By: Andrew f5 - Wednesday, Dec 30, 2020 at 13:58

Wednesday, Dec 30, 2020 at 13:58
Haha the fact you consider having a personal relationship with the chairman of the board as not having merit in regards to knowing what is actually going on, shows that you are a fool.

maybe I work in indigenous affairs and go hunting in my spare tome with indigenous people people because they are my friends and neighbours? Don’t be so ignorant, clinging to the dichotomy that only whitefellas posses the solutions to the problem (which as you have pointed out, they clearly don’t). But the agency denying I have highlighted is why nothing will ever be done apart from the whitefella way.

Anyway, it’s not my intent to belittle you but I deal with this none sense all the time. The the real reason policy always fails is not because of a failure on behalf of aboriginal people, but a failed of ignorant Australians to even understand what the problem is
FollowupID: 911800

Follow Up By: OzzieCruiser - Wednesday, Dec 30, 2020 at 16:08

Wednesday, Dec 30, 2020 at 16:08
Here we go again, another pissing competition - what a surprise for ExplorQz
FollowupID: 911801

Follow Up By: Andrew f5 - Wednesday, Dec 30, 2020 at 16:50

Wednesday, Dec 30, 2020 at 16:50
Then people shouldn’t discuss politics
FollowupID: 911804

Follow Up By: Gronk - Wednesday, Dec 30, 2020 at 17:47

Wednesday, Dec 30, 2020 at 17:47
You didn't want to belittle me, but called me a fool !

I only asked you a question.......what is THE solution, but you went and flogged the old white man knows nothing stuff and still didn't supply a solution.

I don't care whether you're white or black, but you would make a good politician, full of talk but no action.

FollowupID: 911805

Follow Up By: ModSquad - Wednesday, Dec 30, 2020 at 17:54

Wednesday, Dec 30, 2020 at 17:54
The only way this thread can go is down.

Time to lock it.
Moderation is just rules

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 911806

Sponsored Links