Stolen Car & Tools - Baldivis today

Submitted: Friday, Jun 25, 2004 at 17:53
ThreadID: 14130 Views:2041 Replies:11 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
Michelle of ExplorOz here - using an unhappy friend's computer.

Our very good friends have just had their car stolen. It's a white Commodore ute (2003 model) Registration NO 1BHG789. It is full of tools. Stolen from Baldivis today outside a deli - owner got out to get a drink and came back to find the car gone - stolen by the person who pulled into the carpark beside him. This car theif had dumped another stolen car and taken our mate's car. The stolen car has been finger printed etc and it had already been soaked with fuel so it was probably about to be torched so it doesn't look good for our mate's car.

He is desperate to get it back as the insurance company don't seem to want to pay as the doors were unlocked at the time.

Anyway, just take note everyone, a car theft is out there. 2WDs, 4WDs etc. These people don't care. Always lock your car and keep the windows up when you leave it.

Please call Rockingham Police Station on (08) 9528 8000 or Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000. Thank you so much.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Jeff M (WA) - Friday, Jun 25, 2004 at 18:11

Friday, Jun 25, 2004 at 18:11
Which Deli?? We installed a digital surveillance system in one down that way. The Deli does not look like the kind of place that would have anything like that so they may not have realised...

Buggers. You just want to smash em' don't you...
AnswerID: 65092

Reply By: Member - Anne - Friday, Jun 25, 2004 at 18:36

Friday, Jun 25, 2004 at 18:36
So sorry to hear about this - there really are some mongrels about. People we met in Queensland had pulled over for a wee break and someone stole all their maps from the caravan while they were gone! We always lock our vehicle and trailer, its a nuisance but better safe than sorry.
Anne
AnswerID: 65100

Reply By: Boeing - Friday, Jun 25, 2004 at 18:51

Friday, Jun 25, 2004 at 18:51
My mother in law had her car stolen from a service station whilst she was checking the air pressure in the tyres. Bloke involved could not be bothered catching a bus. They found the car a few suburbs away....

Mark
AnswerID: 65101

Follow Up By: Mad Dog (Victoria) - Friday, Jun 25, 2004 at 20:06

Friday, Jun 25, 2004 at 20:06
What! She was checking the tyres and someone jumped in and took off.
Unreal.
FollowupID: 326080

Reply By: unhappy friend - Friday, Jun 25, 2004 at 18:54

Friday, Jun 25, 2004 at 18:54
Thanks Jeff and Anne
We can't remember the name of the deli. The deli is Settlers Hill. We do know that the police were able to match the finger prints with a suspect. So the police do know who the thief is unfortunately we really need to find the car so we can find the bastard who stole it. We do know that he has stolen 3 other cars in the Mandurah-Rockingham area. So the only 'good news' is we know where he hangs out. We are trying to contact everyone we know in the Rockingham-Mandurah area to keep their eyes open for the car before he torches it. I will keep you informed of whats happening. Thanks again for your concern. Carla
AnswerID: 65102

Follow Up By: rickwagupatrol - Friday, Jun 25, 2004 at 19:56

Friday, Jun 25, 2004 at 19:56
can u be more specific re time and which deli please.....
12 trucks running from millar road, into rockingham, we may have seen it.
as there are a few of the guys who live down mandurah way. i'll
let them know in the morning to keep an eye out for it.

rick.
FollowupID: 326076

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Friday, Jun 25, 2004 at 19:57

Friday, Jun 25, 2004 at 19:57
"... as the insurance company don't seem to want to pay as the doors were unlocked at the time. "

No offence, but he had to be on drugs to have told them this!
AnswerID: 65113

Follow Up By: desray - Saturday, Jun 26, 2004 at 00:30

Saturday, Jun 26, 2004 at 00:30
Keys must have been left in it as well???
FollowupID: 326145

Reply By: unhappy friend - Friday, Jun 25, 2004 at 20:06

Friday, Jun 25, 2004 at 20:06
Hi Rick
My husband can't remember the name of the deli he does know that it is on the corner of Arpenteur and Huxtable Roads Baldivis. This happened at 11am today. Its a white commodore ute with a white lid. It has a single roof rack and police rims. I do know the guy who was driving was white, wearing all black and had on a orange baseball cap. I will call around, yellow pages and exchange or even the police to see if I can find out the name of the deli. Thank you so much for anything you can do it is greatly appreciated. Carla
AnswerID: 65115

Follow Up By: rickwagupatrol - Friday, Jun 25, 2004 at 20:17

Friday, Jun 25, 2004 at 20:17
i know the deli,,,,that ute flew past me and another guy up Dixon Raod about 11.30am.
down the wrong side of the road into oncomming traffic, south onto Eniss Ave then disappeared.

rick.
FollowupID: 326089

Reply By: unhappy friend - Friday, Jun 25, 2004 at 20:12

Friday, Jun 25, 2004 at 20:12
Just remember it is easy to say my husband must have been on 'drugs' to tell the insurance company that the door was unlocked at the time. It was stupid and he feels like an idiot, but at this stage who does it help. He was being honest I think this whole event proves that there is enough dishonest people in the world. If there is something I have learnt from this whole experience is never assume it will never happen to you and never throw stones in glass houses.
AnswerID: 65117

Reply By: unhappy friend - Friday, Jun 25, 2004 at 20:18

Friday, Jun 25, 2004 at 20:18
Hi Rick
It is actually called the 'Settlers Hill Deli' at the address I mentioned previously I hope this helps. Thanks again. Carla
AnswerID: 65121

Reply By: unhappy friend - Friday, Jun 25, 2004 at 20:43

Friday, Jun 25, 2004 at 20:43
Hi Rick
I just thought you would like to know we passed on your information to the police in Rockingham. They know who the guy is and are apparently on their way to speak to his parents to see if they know his whereabouts. I guess we just play the waiting game now. Thank you once again I really appreciate your help. I will let you know what comes of this. Hopefully they catch the SOB. Carla
AnswerID: 65127

Reply By: Member - Tim&jan - Saturday, Jun 26, 2004 at 09:06

Saturday, Jun 26, 2004 at 09:06
i was out that way myself got called to remove a tree from fifty road in the councle truck i will keep an eye out for you i just reciently found anouther gu stolen and dumped with the plate gaslec i see he is back on the road as i sore him the other day will keep a look out anyway i see allsorts in this job
AnswerID: 65192

Reply By: unhappy friend - Saturday, Jun 26, 2004 at 11:38

Saturday, Jun 26, 2004 at 11:38
The police are still looking for the car. My husband is out looking as well, hoping it is dumped. My brother knows some people around this area and has put up a couple of notices. We have sent lists of all tools and stock in the ute to pawn shops (although not expecting to find anything). Have had no luck with SOB's parents.
AnswerID: 65204

Follow Up By: Wizard1 - Wednesday, Jun 30, 2004 at 12:18

Wednesday, Jun 30, 2004 at 12:18
When I lived in NSW they introduced a law that required drivers at petrol stations to lock their cars whilst refuelling and paying, I still do it in Darwin. Obvioulsy they were protecting some motorist from this type of situation as it was happening in Sydney in plague proportions.

Having lived in Perth, there were some suburbs I would have the door locked whilst driving let alone getting a drink. I can't believe with all the engine immobilisers and theft protection in newer cars (which are mandatory in WA) how this guy just jumps in and drives away.

Here we have a problem with car brake-ins at public boat ramps. We tend to go to the private ramps that provide a parking service ($5) and the knowledge your car will be the same when you get back with that Barra.

I feel sorry for the owner, but it is a lesson learnt that most theft is oppotunist and not planned. Take away the opportunity make a little difficult and in some cases be paranoid and you may lessen the chances.

Hope you get your car back in one piece.

Wizard
Darwin NT

FollowupID: 326702

Sponsored Links