Start of the Darling R

Hi all
Does anyone know if it possible to get to the start of the Darling R - i.e. the confluence of the Culgoa R and Barwon R north east of Bourke? Google maps shows a track but it might be private.
Cheers
Suitcase
Prado SX and a little van

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: pmk03 - Tuesday, Jun 01, 2021 at 11:26

Tuesday, Jun 01, 2021 at 11:26
Hi Suitcase,
I recently travelled the entire length of the Darling River from Bourke to Wentworth.
I too was interested in seeing the Culgoa & Barwon junction where the Darling actually begins. I asked at the Bourke information centre & was advised that it is on private property & access was not allowed.
Yes there is a track that shows on most maps but unfortunately we couldn't start out trip from there.
I was disappointed as I did want to start my trip from that point. I guess the land owner doesn't want people travelling on this land which I respect & so we started at Bourke.
Hope this helps,
Paul
PMK3AUSTRALIA
AnswerID: 636636

Reply By: Member - Suitcase (QLD) - Tuesday, Jun 01, 2021 at 11:54

Tuesday, Jun 01, 2021 at 11:54
Thanks Paul. All I needed to know.
Suitcase
Prado SX and a little van

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 636637

Reply By: Motherhen - Saturday, Jun 19, 2021 at 23:23

Saturday, Jun 19, 2021 at 23:23
I reasoned that we went close (around five or six kilometres from the confluence) on the Kamilaroi Highway, even though we didn't actually meet the Darling River until North Bourke, from where we took a cruise on the PV Jandra from its base near the Kidman Camp to the North Bourke Bridge.
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 636874

Sponsored Links