Townsville to Sunny Coast

Submitted: Monday, Aug 16, 2021 at 11:23
ThreadID: 142386 Views:4729 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all, heading up to my old stomping ground (COVID lockdowns dependent) in Sept.

We are ripping straight up the coast to get there quickly, but will spend 3 nights coming back & are going to camp along the way.

We'll go via Charters Towers, Belyando, Emerald, Springsure, then maybe right at Bauhinia or Fitzroy Dev Road then meander over towards Eidsvold , Mundubbera, Gayndah or Wondai, Kilkivan etc then back to home.

Anyway, we will have 3 nights to camp on the way back (not necessarily 1+1+1 - open to suggestions) & whilst we've travelled in this area a few times over the years, we didn't camp & can't recall camp spots. Any suggestions I can have a look at?

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - sparra - Monday, Aug 16, 2021 at 13:32

Monday, Aug 16, 2021 at 13:32
I camped at a rest area on the northern outskirts of Springsure one night a couple of years ago.
no good being the richest man in the cemetry

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 637529

Follow Up By: Bob Y. - Qld - Monday, Aug 16, 2021 at 20:13

Monday, Aug 16, 2021 at 20:13
I’ve camped at the spot that Sparra suggested. Bitumen parking, as well as a grassed area further off the highway. There’s a similar spot at Rolleston, parking off the highway, clean toilets & a small park with some gear to wear the kids out.

There’s a park on a hill in Biloela, off the Gladstone road, that might be suitable, toilets etc. North of Eidsvold, a large area with toilets, well off the highway & on rhs, heading south. On southern side of Gayndah, there’s a parking area that always seems to have a few vans pulled up there.

Bob

Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 915644

Reply By: Dunworkin - Monday, Aug 16, 2021 at 17:57

Monday, Aug 16, 2021 at 17:57
Staircase Range east of Springsure is good. Look for turnoff 19km on left from Springsure caravan park on the way to Rolleston. There is shelter shed and small area on top of range a few km before but the best site is at bottom of range, its a bit further off the road and lots of trees for shade and shelter
AnswerID: 637537

Sponsored Links