Goulburn to Yerranderie Firetrails

Submitted: Monday, Jan 10, 2022 at 16:31
ThreadID: 143078 Views:3128 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All,

Am planning a trip to Yerranderie via trails off Langs Road.
Looking at a few previous posts I saw that the best route via limeburners trail has been closed for years.

Was wondering if anyone knew if the Range firetrail road was still open and a valid route options?

Cheers,
Mark
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Michael H9 - Monday, Jan 10, 2022 at 20:14

Monday, Jan 10, 2022 at 20:14
Wombeyan Caves Rd was closed somewhere on the Sydney side in November due to a rock fall I think but you'd be ok from Goulburn. Onto the Range Fire Trail and right onto the Colong Stock Route, the only way in and out of Yerranderie once you pass the Range Rd intersection. If that road is blocked by a tree or flooded then you're stuck. We had to cut up a massive tree across the road to get through on our trip and those going to the south west of Sydney had to go via the Blue Mountains or via Goulburn.
AnswerID: 639054

Reply By: bezko81 - Monday, Jan 10, 2022 at 22:42

Monday, Jan 10, 2022 at 22:42
Thanks for the info Michael,

I did see on live traffic that Wombeyan road is closed between the east side of Langs Road and Goodmans Ford till end of April 2022 for repair, otherwise I would have definitely taken that road from Mittagong - I hear its a great drive in itself.

Good to hear that the range fire trail route is not gated at least - will try that route first and loop back around the long way via Mount Werong if its blocked by any large trees or deep water.

Cheers,
Mark
AnswerID: 639058

Sponsored Links