Trek Comment: Dares Hill Tourist Drive

Great ride. Roads are very good, 2WD when dry. Got to Collinsville station and said no trespasses. What’s the go with passing through stations these days?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Stephen L (Clare) SA - Saturday, Feb 26, 2022 at 16:41

Saturday, Feb 26, 2022 at 16:41
Mick

That sign refers to going into the homestead, where you veer left at the wagon and straight on for the homestead as well as any other tracks that branch off the main road.

Did you go to the Aboriginal rock engravings?
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 639628

Reply By: Member - McLaren3030 - Sunday, Feb 27, 2022 at 08:45

Sunday, Feb 27, 2022 at 08:45
If the road is a gazetted road or highway, legally the station cannot block access. However, this does not stop them from doing so. I have come across a few roads that pass through stations that have locked gates across the road. Whilst it is annoying, there really is nothing you can do about it at the time.

Macca.
Macca.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 639640

Follow Up By: Bob Y. - Qld - Sunday, Feb 27, 2022 at 09:09

Sunday, Feb 27, 2022 at 09:09
We came across a new fence, with a double set of locked gates, a few kms north of Well 51, Macca, while doing the Canning in 2019. We lifted one gate off the hinges, then refitted it with much needed lubricant, after driving through.
A couple we were meeting up with at times, said they just drove down the fence a short distance and crossed the fence where the barb wasn’t tied to the pickets. Don’t suppose you can be that lucky everywhere?

Bob

Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 918699

Sponsored Links