Anyone used commercially produced Biodiesel?

Submitted: Friday, Jul 05, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1435 Views:1772 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Greetings, I was in Jerilderie, NSW, about a week ago, and stopped at a servo. Imagine my surprise to see that they had Biodiesel at the bowser. I filled up with it, and also had a smell/feel/taste? of it, and it seems to be a lot better than the fossil diesel. I am curious to know if anyone else has used it, and how they found it? Bill Church
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bernie - Saturday, Jul 06, 2002 at 00:00

Saturday, Jul 06, 2002 at 00:00
I'm also curious. Was the biodiesel sold at a major fuel outlet i.e Shell, Mobile? how much was it? How did you find it's performance?
AnswerID: 4720

Reply By: royce - Friday, Jul 19, 2002 at 00:00

Friday, Jul 19, 2002 at 00:00
I'm interested too! If anyone hears more .... post it on the forum. Cheers Royce
AnswerID: 4967

Reply By: Peter - Tuesday, Aug 06, 2002 at 00:00

Tuesday, Aug 06, 2002 at 00:00
I too was pleasantly surprised to find biodiesel available at the roadhouse just north of Holbrook on my last trip to Sydney.
Spoke to a B-double owner operator who was filling at the same time. He has used it for over 90K and advised that in his opinion there is a possibility of slightly less power, but the big benefit is less smoke - he says many truckies use it in order to pass RTA smoke tests?

My non turbo LC diesel blows a little smoke when reved but this is only visible in the headlights of following vehicles, so tested for smoke on return to Melbourne suburbia. I was most impressed to find no visible smoke but have yet to compare fuel consumption. The power output was not noticibly different.

Peter L
AnswerID: 5443

Sponsored Links