Caravan spots Queensland/NSW

Submitted: Saturday, Jun 04, 2022 at 21:34
ThreadID: 143801 Views:3716 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hello (:

Heading over to Sydney from south Australia and making our way up the coast/inland to Brisbane in September
We are looking for recommendations for some beauitful camp areas with beauitful scenery and or near rivers/creeks/beaches (:

We have never been over this way before and would love some of your favourite spots in the areas between Sydney and Brisbane
- looking at spots in national parks
- or along the ocean areas

Off Grid & off road caravan towing behind a 4WD
So can be unpowered sites (:

Thankyou
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Jim S1 - Sunday, Jun 05, 2022 at 08:15

Sunday, Jun 05, 2022 at 08:15
There are plenty of beautiful places.
Brooms Head is one we like ......... right on the beach, headland, decent amenities in the council run campground which is right on the beachfront.
No shops, so BYO.
Just don't tell anyone else !!!
Cheers
Jim
"Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits." A fisherman.

"No road is long with good company." Traditional

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 640754

Reply By: Member - Mark (Tamworth NSW) - Sunday, Jun 05, 2022 at 17:22

Sunday, Jun 05, 2022 at 17:22
More details please to assist with answers

There are dozens and dozens of sites
Sticking to Coastal NP and low profile Caravan parks, .........
As mentioned above Brooms Head is nice as is anywhere in the nearby Yuraygir National Park, numerous beach camping sites north and south of Minnie Waters, Station Ck and Pebbly beach. Nearby cheap caravan parks at Red Rock, Corindi and Arrawarra further south. There are multiple behind the dunes beach sites between Harrington and Laurieton
Download Wiki Camps or use ExplorOz Topo On line (this web site), then come back and ask more defined questions
AnswerID: 640762

Reply By: outlaw40 - Monday, Jun 06, 2022 at 15:13

Monday, Jun 06, 2022 at 15:13
Do yourself a favour and spend $8 on wiki camps , very good investment . your options are endless .
you used to be able to use wiki camps free for 14 days to see if you like it . don't know if its still that way
AnswerID: 640770

Sponsored Links