Caravan Parks in Lanelin

Submitted: Wednesday, Jul 07, 2004 at 15:54
ThreadID: 14449 Views:3368 Replies:5 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all, My family & I are thinking about going on a short Holiday in Lancelin WA, does anyone have any recomendations on Caravan Parks. Thanks in advanced Tony
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Alan- Wednesday, Jul 07, 2004 at 17:50

Wednesday, Jul 07, 2004 at 17:50
Tony, a mate of mine said about 2 years ago he gave the parks a miss up there because of lousy ablutions. Try Moore River park further down the road. It's a pleasant enough spot and I thnik they've recently built a new shower block.
Alan.
AnswerID: 66840

Follow Up By: Tony - Wednesday, Jul 07, 2004 at 22:33

Wednesday, Jul 07, 2004 at 22:33
Thanks Alan, very much appreciated. Tony
FollowupID: 327647

Reply By: Member - Slim - Wednesday, Jul 07, 2004 at 23:04

Wednesday, Jul 07, 2004 at 23:04
Tony,

If you want to go further North Cervantes Caravan Park is quite OK. We were also told to avoid Lancelin. Not a bad little spot but the Caravan Parks.... No!!

AnswerID: 66882

Reply By: Wizard1 - Thursday, Jul 08, 2004 at 07:59

Thursday, Jul 08, 2004 at 07:59
I agree, head to Cervantes, the park there is bery nice and close to the beach. Although at this time of the year I would have a rain coat and wind protection. If you are set up to free camp there are a few spots located at old shack sites a little further north again. You can find these in Free Camping in WA.

Wizard
Darwin NT (recently of Perth)
Prado TD
Jayco Freedom
AnswerID: 66907

Reply By: Member - Mark S (WA) - Thursday, Jul 08, 2004 at 15:13

Thursday, Jul 08, 2004 at 15:13
as the above have said - and it's a pity - give Lancelin a miss - nice place to visit and nice to stay but not in a caravan park. Cervantes caravan park very nice - just spent the long weekend up there - places to camp along the beach as well between Lancelin and Cervantes - beware of bombing though. Jurien bay caravann park wasn't too bad but now they've put a tavern opposite where the camping is - great until closing time. rgds
Slow down and relax......

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 66960

Follow Up By: Member - Alan- Thursday, Jul 08, 2004 at 17:14

Thursday, Jul 08, 2004 at 17:14
You're right there Mark, I stayed there about a year ago and the noise of the p**spots leaving the pub late and walking past the van was terrible!
If only the cook had let me go to the pub I wouldn't have noticed the noise they made!
I was jealous alright.
FollowupID: 327736

Reply By: Steve from Albany - Thursday, Jul 08, 2004 at 20:49

Thursday, Jul 08, 2004 at 20:49
We stayed at one of Lancelin's caravan parks a few years ago over easter. We camped in the dunes north of town on the friday night but because of the wind thought we would stay in the caravan park for the next two nights. The mananger at the park said that because it was easter we would have to pay for three nights. After a few minutes auguring he realized he was only going to get two nights fees out of me or nothing. I left with a bad memory about the place. However we have stayed at the Guilderton caravan park just south of Lancelin many times and find the place great. You have the beach of course plus the added bonus of the river right next to the park where you can hire paddle boats. Just north of town is a great fishing spot called the 3 mile reef (ask the mananger for directions) and there are plenty of 4wd tracks north and south of town. Don't miss the Stockyard gully caves if you want to do a day trip.
Enjoy
Steve
AnswerID: 67034

Sponsored Links