Thanks to Member Sir Kev

Submitted: Tuesday, Sep 20, 2022 at 14:59
ThreadID: 144849 Views:3669 Replies:5 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Just a shout out of THANKS to Member - Sir Kev, who has been a Member since 2006 and to this day remains the ONLY site user in our entire community of 130,000 registered users who regularly alerts us directly if there are spammers abusing the "Free Text Ad" facility in the Classifieds. Today he alerted me to 3 of these and some were a few weeks old.

I feel Kev deserves public recognition for not only has he done this of his own accord, but many of you may not know who he is and why this is significant at this time.

In the past, Kev was quite an active Member in the Forum, and became friends with many people in real life via the connections made via ExplorOz due to his fun-loving, cheeky, but compassionate nature. He is the sort of bloke who would always have your back and always knows how to make things happen. Instead of being a complainer - expecting others to make changes so that his needs are met, he gets involved and becomes part of the solution for change.

He is noted for organising at least 3 National ExplorOz Member Gatherings; and making many requests for Member-specific activities/extras but also following through on his suggestions to do the coordination work to make them a reality such as doing the leg work, the calls, the emails, getting quotes, building relationships and etc that resulted in Members Photo Comps, Charitable Donation drives, coordination of artwork production for Raffle Prizes, online auctions and online raffle ticket sales to ensure those that couldn't attend a gathering in person could still participate. He has also supported ExplorOz admin by taking on lots of volunteer roles over the years which have included and are not limited to Forum Moderation and Road Conditions Administration. Kev was recognised for his contributions with being awarded a Lifetime Membership upgrade many many years ago. So whilst he leads a less prominent online life these days, you can be sure that Kev is still active behind the scenes contributing quietly. Being a family man with his own busy work and lifestyle we greatly appreciate that fact he is still the same Kev and will always be looking out for everyone's best interests.

Sometimes, its just the little things that people do that can mean a lot. The contributions that Kev has made in the past, and continues to make all these years on build up to be very significant and for that we are very grateful. Thanks Kev.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 31 Moderator

Reply By: Phil B (WA) - Wednesday, Sep 21, 2022 at 06:56

Wednesday, Sep 21, 2022 at 06:56
Well done Sir Kev, well-deserved recognition.

With all of your ongoing achievements, you might need to be upgraded to Lord Kev.

There is a lot of difference between
‘Human Being’ and ‘Being Human’.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 641692

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Wednesday, Sep 21, 2022 at 10:33

Wednesday, Sep 21, 2022 at 10:33
Very good Phil that's actually very funny!!
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 920998

Follow Up By: Sir Kev - Wednesday, Sep 21, 2022 at 11:04

Wednesday, Sep 21, 2022 at 11:04
Phil,

Now that Charlie the 3rd is the King I have to wait until his Coronation before assuming a new title ;)
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 920999

Reply By: Member - Cuppa - Wednesday, Sep 21, 2022 at 12:45

Wednesday, Sep 21, 2022 at 12:45
Although Kev's contributions have obviously been 'above & beyond' (good on you Kev) & hard to miss, that they have been noticed & appreciated says a great deal about Michelle too, and about a 'community'.

In this 'product' driven age it's nice to see.

See 'My Profile' (below) for link to our Aussie travel blog, now in it's 6th year.

AnswerID: 641693

Reply By: Member - Wildmax - Wednesday, Sep 21, 2022 at 17:02

Wednesday, Sep 21, 2022 at 17:02
Very nice and thoughtful message Michelle - thanks to both you and Sir Kev :-)
Wildmax
2018 Hilux and Black Wolf 210 tent - for the outback tracks less travelled
Formerly an AOR Eclipse and a TVan

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 641694

Reply By: Member - Jack - Wednesday, Sep 21, 2022 at 19:25

Wednesday, Sep 21, 2022 at 19:25
Nice of you to think of that, Michelle. Never met the man nor attended any of his gigs, but have been aware of his presence for many years.
As we used to say and hear in the Army days ...
"Give that man a well done". Well done, Sir Kev !
The hurrieder I go, the behinder I get. (Lewis Carroll-Alice In Wonderland)

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 641697

Reply By: Idler Chris - Friday, Sep 30, 2022 at 21:52

Friday, Sep 30, 2022 at 21:52
SIR Kev, a top bloke.
What other people think of me is none of my business.
Do unto others what you would have them do unto you.

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 641754

Sponsored Links