New destinations not pinned

Submitted: Saturday, Mar 18, 2023 at 16:23
ThreadID: 145426 Views:1199 Replies:2 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Quite often for work I need to travel to remote locations that quite often arent pinned in the app. Just wondering if I can set a pin on my computer and save as "Personal" pin and then access thru the app for tracking? Thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Nomadic Navara - Saturday, Mar 18, 2023 at 16:51

Saturday, Mar 18, 2023 at 16:51
Please explain yourself. What computer setup are you using? What programme are you using? What are you attempting to do? It gets a little hard when we have to play guessing games before we can actually start to ascertain a solution for you.

PeterD
Retired radio and electronics technician

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 643091

Follow Up By: Member - Grantis80 - Saturday, Mar 18, 2023 at 17:00

Saturday, Mar 18, 2023 at 17:00
Using a normal Windows PC and ExploreOz Website, am I able to look at a map to find a location, then drop a pin and save to my profile so can access on my phone app? Currently I am using my phone with the ExploreOz Traveller app then bring Google maps up on PC. I then scroll both to the point I need to get to and then drop a pin when it looks about right. For example, the place where I'm driving tomorrow is located 260kms north west of Meekatharra, WA. The nearest homestead is about 80-100kms away. I have a mud map but like to keep track of locations I've been through the app
FollowupID: 922738

Follow Up By: TrevorDavid - Saturday, Mar 18, 2023 at 20:52

Saturday, Mar 18, 2023 at 20:52
Yes via the Web App on the exploroz website. Can also drop a pin in the Traveller App.

Regards

TrevorDavid
dontyajustluvit

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 922739

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Sunday, Mar 19, 2023 at 13:30

Sunday, Mar 19, 2023 at 13:30
Yes in the Traveller web app locate the spot on the map so that the cross-hairs are positioned over the exact location, then tap the pin and click save. Now its a personal place. Now open the Traveller app on your phone or tablet and it will auto sync that place to that device. Or you can just do it on the device directly.

There 2 ways to use that place for navigation:

1. Tap the magnifying glass to open your data panel - tap Places - tap personal - Identify Place in list, swipe left and tap the navigation icon to start guidance from your current location. OR

2. Open the map (check Places is selected in the layers), locate & tap icon on map, tap the navigate icon to start guidance from your current location.

See User Manual for more instructions like this
MM
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 643093

Follow Up By: Member - Grantis80 - Monday, Mar 20, 2023 at 13:28

Monday, Mar 20, 2023 at 13:28
Cool thanks. I couldnt find how to get into the Traveller Maps but have managed to find it. For some reason, my current saved Pins (through mobile) have not synced to the map, but are showing when I go into My Personal places. All good as can work around that. Thanks
FollowupID: 922758

Sponsored Links