ExplorOz Traveller won't Open.

Submitted: Friday, May 19, 2023 at 14:48
ThreadID: 145664 Views:1655 Replies:5 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
This Thread has been Locked
Hi travelers.

I hadn't use the app (on an Android- Samsung tablet) for quite a while, so ran an update via the app store.

The app now won't open beyond displaying the logo on a black screen. I've checked that the app store is not suggesting an update, so presumably the update was successful.

It is not a GPS receiver issue as OziExplorer runs fine.

Suggestions appreciated.

Cheers.

JB.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Friday, May 19, 2023 at 17:24

Friday, May 19, 2023 at 17:24
Hi John,
Sorry but we don't do troubleshooting in the Forum. Could you please use the Help Desk to get the support you need.
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 643627

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Saturday, May 20, 2023 at 07:36

Saturday, May 20, 2023 at 07:36
John,

The first thing I would do is delete the app and reinstall. It may be that the update didn't complete fully, or was corrupted somehow.
If that doesn't work, then lodge a help desk request.
Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

AnswerID: 643629

Follow Up By: Member - rocco2010 - Tuesday, May 23, 2023 at 09:59

Tuesday, May 23, 2023 at 09:59
Rob

Mine seems to work fine on an ipad in places a long way from any internet coverage.
Tells me where I am, where I’ve been and what’s around and up ahead.
Just saying.

Cheers
FollowupID: 923349

Reply By: Member - Warren H - Tuesday, May 23, 2023 at 16:18

Tuesday, May 23, 2023 at 16:18
I have the app on both my phone and tablet so if all else fails I have a backup. Personally I think generally the world of apps/app stores and not being able to download installation files and in this instance map files is a retrograde feature of modern app distribution. Not a lot developers can do about it. I don't use Oziexplorer but I presume that the pc version allows you to download the installation files.
NT Pajero
2007 Goldstream Crown

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 643646

Follow Up By: Stephen L (Clare) SA - Tuesday, May 23, 2023 at 17:37

Tuesday, May 23, 2023 at 17:37
I am an Apple man, but have 2 windows computers that I purely use for Ozi, a bullet proof system and has never let me down in nearly 20 years of using it.

The ability to add your own maps is great and very flexible.
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 923351

Reply By: Member - Stefan F2 - Wednesday, May 24, 2023 at 09:08

Wednesday, May 24, 2023 at 09:08
10 or so updates in 8 weeks just shows app is not a solution you can rely on, just get caught with a wrong version and you are stuffed. Don’t get me wrong I like the EOT Maps as they are different and better in some location worse in other but I run now Memory Maps for all 100% of the time and never had a issue. EOT is just to reference from time to time
AnswerID: 643654

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Wednesday, May 24, 2023 at 13:08

Wednesday, May 24, 2023 at 13:08
Stefan,

Your assertion about version updates is totally false. So to clarify:

Many of the version numbers are not ever released to the public but are test versions. What you don't know is the rules that govern app developers that are governed by the stores which mean we unable to reuse a number that was used in a test version so once we even just publish a test version to the stores to get that into the store we have to publish it as another number.

In addition, 8.0.0 - 8.0.2 were the initial releases across the 4 platforms. One update related to the photo output grid change, one for a link to the reference manual download. So we used up a few versions of 8 just getting to release as some things were found in Beta before general release and this is where the first few version number went.
8.0.3 was only released to Android to correct a label position that occurred after a second nav plan was started and did not impact the operation of the product just a minor display issue.
8.0.4 - 8.0.8 were all background Alpha & Beta testing releases completely related to adding device support for Android AI boxes using CarPlay.
8.0.9 - 8.0.11 an update to the download auto syncing system, hiding of place elevation if it was not defined and some auto sync messaging changes to make it more obvious for new users.
8.0.12 was related to iOS 16.4.1 which made a breaking change to background GPS operation this was urgent but also at the same time we did a position adjust to the output of the odometers it now overlays its own button and does not go to the top of the screen. We also updated the sql database drivers as some android devices on api > 33 were reporting a problem that was only event in logs.
8.0.13 was an update to the notifications driver as there was an update in Android API > 33 that was causing a problem when a notification was received. This was an urgent update as it had effected 10 users (of 6K Android devices).

There has not been a single fix in any of the above that would stop the app running on 99% of all devices but some additional device types are now supported and all will be working better.

In addition, we have NO support issues at all for any "blue screen", "white" screens or any other screens.

This is not the first issue where you have posted as if you are an authority on our product yet you have no idea of the facts and are making misleading public comments.

David

PS: the OP of this post has had his issue resolved after receiving advice by Michelle to uninstall/reinstall when he went to the Help Desk to ask the question.

David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 923356

Reply By: ModSquad - Wednesday, May 24, 2023 at 13:11

Wednesday, May 24, 2023 at 13:11
This post is being closed as the OP's issue has been resolved via contact with Help desk.
Moderation is just rules

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 643657

Sponsored Links