Murray Valley Regional Park, Cobram

Submitted: Wednesday, Apr 03, 2024 at 10:20
ThreadID: 147405 Views:603 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
Just heading off fromMelbourne towards Cobram Barooga. We have camped in the Murray Valley /Regional Park previously and found the roads in easy to drive on with big van. Has anyone been there in last couple of days after the downpours. We have a 200 series and fuIl off road van. will unhitch and drive in prior but just hoping for some prior information. We will probably camp up at Quicks Beach if neccesary but hoping to be a bit more remote. cheers.
Back Reply Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Marisol J - Thursday, Apr 11, 2024 at 19:17

Thursday, Apr 11, 2024 at 19:17
Hope that you have a nice trip. I used to visit this park last month. I followed the sign off the highway into a rather rough area... I did do it in a SUV. The natural vegetation is quite inviting and you can only wonder where this track is taking you... and yes, I said track. There is no formalised road... but then this is nature at its best. The river Murray runs through the area and as you can see from my photos... the season has been a wet one, so I could not finish my travels after arriving at a Road Closed. geometry dash scratch sign. Still... I got out and walked... the stillness was exhilarating. The sounds of bees and birdlife were abundant.
AnswerID: 645653

Reply By: Member - Dublediff - Thursday, Apr 11, 2024 at 22:52

Thursday, Apr 11, 2024 at 22:52
We have just returned from Quicks Beach. What a wonderful area. We have been there twice before. We did check the Town Beach and 1904 Beach on the north side of the causeway. The roads are passable, with some deep ruts toward 1904 Beach. These beaches are great and we have stayed at them previously. It was just laziness that we stayed at Quicks Beach which was fairly quiet, access from Barooga along a sealed road to a dirt road of about 500 metres to grassy, shady camp areas. There is a well equipped drop toilet in the area.
AnswerID: 645655

Sponsored Links