Accomodation - Cairns

Submitted: Thursday, Jul 29, 2004 at 11:15
ThreadID: 15109 Views:1638 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
G'day all!

Heading up to Cairns for a week of R & R with a couple of mates to do some fishing and bludging. Can anyone suggest some good, reasonably priced, accomdation?

cheers,
Sam.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Ray - Thursday, Jul 29, 2004 at 13:02

Thursday, Jul 29, 2004 at 13:02
G'Day Sam,
Just got home in Perth last night after 11 days in the Cairns area. If you are easy going blokes try the backpacker places as they are really good nowdays. We stayed at the Hides Craocodile Club Hotel right in the centre of town.It was about $120 a night but the room had 3 singlews in it and breakfast is provided (continental) and a free dinner downstairs in the pub next door (O'Briens)thought it is a small meal you can upgrade for a few more dollars.
Just found a card with their details ph 6140511266 website www.clubcroc.com.au

We also stayed in Mossman at Demiview motel in the mainstreet. $65 a night.
AnswerID: 70197

Reply By: mq swb - Thursday, Jul 29, 2004 at 13:34

Thursday, Jul 29, 2004 at 13:34
Try this web site. they allow you to book 2 weeks in advance just put the icon over the price and it also gives details of what else is on offer
www.wotif.com
hope this helps
Dixie
AnswerID: 70203

Reply By: Member - Sand Man (SA) - Thursday, Jul 29, 2004 at 17:35

Thursday, Jul 29, 2004 at 17:35
Sam,

Personally, I believe Cairns is a bit of a concrete jungle, like most Cities.

Much more amiable is Port Douglas, or one of the beach areas between there and Cairns. Port Douglas is a super base for the keen fisherman wanting to charter a boat for the day.

Apartment style accomodation is not that expensive and there is heaps to choose from. Ask your local Travel Agent or NRMA to get some prices for you to consider.

I found that a visit to Cairns itself can be made in 1/2 hour or so by Public (Bus) Transport, unless of course, you will have your own vehicle(s)
Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 70239

Sponsored Links