quality CDMA phones

Submitted: Tuesday, Aug 03, 2004 at 22:42
ThreadID: 15272 Views:1856 Replies:6 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
hi All,
I have had a read of the past posts on CDMA phones and as I am about to buy one, I was wondering if anyone had the Sonyericson T60c CDMA phone. It looks well built and should last bush trips, it also has a retractable antenna.
Anyone seen/used this model?
any other CDMA phones anyone can recomemnd that arnt to plastic feeling and is made durable?

thanks in advance for any responces

regards
Bryan
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Tuesday, Aug 03, 2004 at 23:29

Tuesday, Aug 03, 2004 at 23:29
Have the Kyocera 3245, and like you I like a soild phone. If I could have a CDMA 5110 Nokia I would have without fail.

Mine works well, have had no problems with it, but they let you swap it no questions asked after 30 days, so I did :D LMAO got a new one.. why not I say..
They are all about the same, comes down to price in the end, and accessories, I have a proper incar carkit for mine.
AnswerID: 71174

Follow Up By: Bryan (WA) - Tuesday, Aug 03, 2004 at 23:50

Tuesday, Aug 03, 2004 at 23:50
Hi truckster,
thanks for that, I will have a look at one tomorrow at lunch time and see what they are like.

regards
Bryan
FollowupID: 331389

Reply By: motherhen - Wednesday, Aug 04, 2004 at 00:08

Wednesday, Aug 04, 2004 at 00:08
Look on ebay - we wanted a car kit for CDMA Kyocera (how do you spell it?) where i work - a search revealed one available on ebay - it turned out the seller was from Yornup (near where we are at Bridgetown). He imports them from the US (i suppose as Aust had the dearest mobiles in the world, he can turn a profit)
AnswerID: 71182

Reply By: Banjo - Wednesday, Aug 04, 2004 at 10:05

Wednesday, Aug 04, 2004 at 10:05
My Kyocera 3245 is still running well - no drop outs in the burbs and works well in the sticks too....a quality product with performance to boot it seems.
AnswerID: 71218

Reply By: CruiserHead - Wednesday, Aug 04, 2004 at 10:10

Wednesday, Aug 04, 2004 at 10:10
I have a Nokia 2280. It is plastic, but large enough to feel like a phone. Has retractable antenna, too. Sits on my dash when out bush, falls all over the place, even out the window sometimes. Still working fine. If it breaks, I'll get a new one for $149!
AnswerID: 71220

Reply By: W from Jerilderie Motors Pty Ltd - Wednesday, Aug 04, 2004 at 13:34

Wednesday, Aug 04, 2004 at 13:34
Wow, haven,t they conned us all with mobiles !
First analogue, then digital & now CDMA, why didn,t they leave it all analogue & spend money upgrading Australia so as we could use them.
I have 3 in car all day, all on Telstra, 2x Nokia Digital 6310i as unlike kids new fangled whizzbang phones I can SEE the screens on them,
1x Nokia6385 CDMA I used to have Kyocera but I just like feel & sound of Nokia.
Re CDMA v Digital, well when I ring Telstra looking for a number & she says " I cannot hear you " I say I am only using the system Telstra gave us !
I find none any good unless 5 k either side of a town & out in rural areas not on major highways YES the CDMA sometimes works 2 k further than the digital.
They say they have 90% of Australia covered but they forget to mention that 90% poulation live in cities, & yes they are covered. I reckon 10% Australia is covered & 90% area is not covered in my guesstimate.
CDMA best use area for me is in Sydney suburbia in 5 pm traffic when the digital system is so clogged with everyone on way home from work telling their wife what time they want their roast on the table, that I can always get through on CDMA as very few city people own them, rest time wherever I am it is fairly line ball.
AnswerID: 71259

Reply By: scott111 - Wednesday, Aug 04, 2004 at 13:53

Wednesday, Aug 04, 2004 at 13:53
Hi Byran
I have a Kyacero 3245 and it works where i live in the hills and no digitals work here.I drive East West and they have not so long ago put a new tower at Nullarbor so on a good day i get sevice without carkit from mundrabiila - 30km past nullarbor
with carkit madura to ceduna with only a few dropout points of 20 kms or so.Digitals dont work at all out there.But then when in Cobbitty 70km from sydney my cdma doesnt work unless i stand on truck roof or park in the right spot and the digitals work fine so i guess it comes down to where you need your phone most.
Go look at telstras phone maps and make your choice
AnswerID: 71262

Follow Up By: Bryan (WA) - Wednesday, Aug 04, 2004 at 15:12

Wednesday, Aug 04, 2004 at 15:12
Hi Scott,
thanks for the feedback.
Im now also looking at the Motorola T730 phone.... It feels solid, and has a car kit with external antenna...
CDMA in WA seems to have more coverage in the outback area's, and thats generally where we tend to go camping to get away from civilization :-)

regards
Bryan
FollowupID: 331476

Sponsored Links