house-sitting services

Submitted: Wednesday, Aug 04, 2004 at 20:33
ThreadID: 15305 Views:2061 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi everybody,
I'm thinking of doing a bit of house-sitting, when I finally get moving, but starting of in my home town Sydney to get a taste of it. There are quite a few agencies, some free and some ask for small amounts of money. Has anybody used any of these agencies and what has been your experience with them. Can you recommend any?
Thanks
Rainer
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: stevesub - Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 13:05

Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 13:05
We are currently house sitting and are registered with an agency which promised the world,cost a fortune, and no sits from it - sucked in again, bugger. Too big and too many people for the house owners to choose from.We would not use that agency again and are looking for cheaper/free ones that work.

There was one in MLB that I found a while ago that had no fees until you were placed in a housesit but I am buggered if I can find it again.

However we have got house sits through various forums that we belong to on the Internet. Word of mouth is also a good way.

Where we are now in Melbourne we will be the first ones called when they want a house sitter now and the same goes for their neighbours. Don't know if we want to be here in winter again though, maybe summer.

Also done 2 weeks in Surfers and 2 months in Byron Bay this year house sitting and once again, the Byron Bay one will call us as their first choice. These were friends of friends of friends - ie the good old word of mouth network.
AnswerID: 71502

Follow Up By: rainer - Saturday, Aug 07, 2004 at 09:38

Saturday, Aug 07, 2004 at 09:38
Thanks for your info. Just one question: what's MLB?
Regards
Rainer
FollowupID: 331818

Reply By: stevesub - Saturday, Aug 07, 2004 at 11:56

Saturday, Aug 07, 2004 at 11:56
MLB = Melbourne
AnswerID: 71641

Sponsored Links