Gulf trip

Submitted: Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 08:26
ThreadID: 15334 Views:1553 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Well it's finally come only one more sleep, will be leaving the Gong in the morning for a 6 week trip which will take us through central NSW &QLD up to Cairns and across the Savannah Way to Karumba and on to Lawn Hil N.P. then down to Mt Isa and then down to Birdsville. Time (and money) permiting down to the Flinders but I think we might slip back into NSW through Camerons Corner and leave the Flinders as a seperate trip. Will be towing the Camper and will will have a tinny on top to try and catch me a Barra. Have read of a lot of intresting spots to visit and stay. As an interesting side note when we tell people were we are going and for how long people all say who are you going with ?. Nobody just me and the missus. Mmmm, people say. I say well we enjoy each others company and although we also enjoy other peoples as well it makes life simpler when you have no time tables to keep. Now I'm waffling, I have to go an finish packing. See ya's in six weeks, Have fun at work all. Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

Athol.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Paul J (ACT) - Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 08:50

Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 08:50
Have a great trip Athol, good luck with the Barra..Cheer's Paul
AnswerID: 71456

Reply By: Member - Kevin R (QLD) - Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 09:01

Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 09:01
Athol,
If you're heading to lawn hill suggest a stop at Kingfisher Camp on the way. It is a really nice camping area right on the Nicholson river. Has toilets and showers plenty of shade and grass.Also a rough boat ramp. It can be accessed from the Great Northern Road by turning left before Hells Gate. Its well signposted. You can then travel from kingfisher through to lawn hill via bowthorn station (who own kingfisher). Stop for morning tea and a chat at bowthorn homestead.Have a great trip.

Kevin
AnswerID: 71457

Reply By: Tripp'n Around - Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 10:50

Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 10:50
Hi Athol & Missus

Go for it, that's what I say.
Hubby and I have done quite a few trips by ourselves over the past 5/6 years with many more to come.
We certainly have learnt to be enjoy each others company in the car and at the camp at night.
I'm sure you'll find when you pull up during the course of the day and at night there will always be someone to chat too.
Hubby is good at that and they talk about women who can talk. :)
In defence of hubby he does talk about the road conditions from either direction and 4BY stuff.
As for Barra ask as you go what they are using and where a good spot maybe.
What spot was good a few weeks/months ago maybe not when you get there.
Good luck, have fun.

Cya
Tripp'n
:)
AnswerID: 71475

Sponsored Links