Body Lift for Cruiser 100 series diesel

Submitted: Tuesday, Jul 23, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1551 Views:3142 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Does anybody have experience of body lifting a Cruiser 100 series diesel (not turbo)?

How high can I go?

What's involved?

How much does it cost?

Who would you recommend to do this? I live in Sydney.

The reason I want a body lift is primarily so that I can fit larger tyres to increase ground clearance (and also increasing the departure angle, fording level etc). Once the lift is complete, what size tyres would be recommended?

Many thanks in advance.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: troy - Wednesday, Jul 24, 2002 at 00:00

Wednesday, Jul 24, 2002 at 00:00
Piers,

Any height is possible, only the cost is variable. It may be more difficult if ur truck has an airbag. First of all I would go to about a 6" spring lift. That will get you 35 or 36's in no worries. Will a non-turbo diesel push big tyres like this ? not with any great gusto is the answer. So you are probably going to want to get it turbo'd too.

Increasing body height without the travel (which is what a body lift will do) winn raise your centre of gravity, and the truck has no more ability to flex. May be more easy to roll. Preferably keep as much lift in the spring as possible.

I know a one inch lift for a Patrol is about $1,500 thru Mannell Motors in Hornsby. Its expensive as you have to extend brake lines etc etc (depending on the total lift overall) control arms and panhards. Then lift the bull bar and rear bar as they now sit lower than the body.

Personally Piers, I would stick to a 6 inch spring lift (Macquarie 4x4 is my rec) and run 35's. Any bigger and the stocky diesel will struggle big time.

At the end of the day, i have seen some rigs running around with a 4 inch spring and 6 inch body lift. Looks tall, big tyres. Not much abiity.

All of this is my humble opinion. No doubt others may disagree..

Troy..
AnswerID: 5099

Reply By: Voxson - Sunday, Jul 28, 2002 at 00:00

Sunday, Jul 28, 2002 at 00:00
I have had fitted a 100mm lift kit to a gq patrol. It cost $965:00 without extending brake lines, which also included extending my breathers and adding filters to em as well. An Adelaide business did this work for me. They also do a 6inch lift kit which is a little more involved but still reasonable costing. Check out the website. http://www.4wdsystems.com.au/html/6_inch_lift.htm
AnswerID: 5205

Reply By: jason - Monday, Aug 12, 2002 at 00:00

Monday, Aug 12, 2002 at 00:00
ive done body lifts to at least 20 different 4wd's its easy to do and i done them all for under $400. email me for more info and where to get the stuff to do it.trust me its simple!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AnswerID: 5621

Sponsored Links