Facelifted 100 Series Landcruiser

Submitted: Friday, Aug 02, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1637 Views:2600 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Guys/Gals,

I am in possesion of a ERO Stock Control Bulletin SC093/02 issued by Toyota on Wed. 26th July 2002 regarding a Facelift Version of the 100 series Landcruiser. It looks like the models available wil be STD, GXL & Sahara and this applies from August 2002 Production so am not sure when these will appear on our shores.

The changes outlined will be as follows:

Front Design- Grill & Bumper
Rear Design- Logos, moldings, rear combination lamps.
Colors- New colors available.
Interior-Leather options, vanity mirrors, dual sunvisors etc.
Air Conditioning-Dual air on some models, new dash controls, new seals for air coooling ducts.
Head Impact Protection- pillars and roof energy absorbing materials.
Instrument Panel-changes include padded paneling, new firmer fitment, no gaps where passenger side srs airbag.
Audio System-higher spec on GXL and up....things like Multi CD player and on Sahara a Sat. Nav system via 6.5inch screen and DVD Rom.
Power Train Petrol- New 4.8, 4.7ltr, 32 Valve DOHC engine c/w ETCS and new starter system to prevent starter overrun.
Power Train Deisel-Turbo Diesel has had a facelift like lead free intake valves, drain line for intercooler.
Power Train Deisel-Non-Turbo Diesel in addition to EGR the LC gets a fuel injection pump with timing control valve to meet European Step II regulations

Drive Train-Auto- New generation 5speed Super ECT with newly designed floor shift lever with different methods for selecting gears.

What is not clear to me is the V8 Engine and whether Toyo will fade out the straight six or still offer this in the line up.

Anyway thought you all might like to know the above as you can now see why Toyo are running out the current 100 series at cheaper prices and if you are looking at buying an LC now maybe it would be worth the wait for the new one. I have no idea of pricing and by no means is this a definitive guide to what will arrive and as to what we in Oz will recieve.

-------------------------
Stuart & Lisa
All Terrain 4WD Adventures P/L
"Tread Lightly"
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Jayson - Karratha, W.A. - Wednesday, Aug 07, 2002 at 00:00

Wednesday, Aug 07, 2002 at 00:00
I have owned an RV diesel 100 since new in June '98 and as it was the first of the new model I had to wait almost three months for delivery. I am upgrading to the new turbo diesel 100 and like you I heard (from Toyotas customer service 1800 number in Sydney) about the new model so I'm waiting.
However, it must be the only time in history when you can walk into a car dealer and ask to do the paperwork for your new car (ie. actually place an order) and be told you can't because they know nothing about delivery dates, equipment levels, pricing or any other specs. It's the classic "trying to get blood from a stone" and for a car worth $78K on the road seems an unreal situation.
You seem to know more about the new mods than me as I had only learnt about the front and rear facelift and the five speed auto. I also believe factory cruise will be offered on the manual TD model for the first time.
I am searching the web all the time for new info but please let me know if you find out anything else.
Regards
Jayson
AnswerID: 5478

Follow Up By: Jayson - Saturday, Aug 17, 2002 at 00:00

Saturday, Aug 17, 2002 at 00:00
I've just ordered my new model 100 series TD manual and my dealer kindly gave me a 13 page "Advanced Product Information Notice" Reference no. LC02/08-222 issue 3. I've scanned and zipped these into one file so if anybody wants a copy please email me at jstanley@kisser.net.au
Regards
Jayson
Karratha WA
FollowupID: 2514

Sponsored Links