System Email Validation and New Features

Submitted: Tuesday, Aug 06, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1660 Views:1845 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,By now you are validated or have seen the new validation email's. Based on the last newsletter we have had 1200 validations in 8 hours so things seem to be working. Thanks you all for validating your details with us.Now a little insite into one of the new features that I am working on at the moment. We will soon be allowing you to post your fuel usage for our trek notes system, what does this mean well hopefully the system will be able to give much more accurate fuel requirements based on averaging all of the input submitted by you (our readers) based on engine type loading etc etc. This will be done after my next task which is a rewrite of the Adventure Trader system. Right now I am seeking any feedback on improvements that can be implemented in the Trader - it does work as we have sold heaps of items and we have had many positive feedbacks on the Trader so it is time for a face lift and improvement in the operation and submission systems. If you have used the trader please assist me by providing any feedback that you think we should consider? We have a list of things to do but as always I want to ask you the users for your submissions.Regards David
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Roller - Wednesday, Aug 07, 2002 at 00:00

Wednesday, Aug 07, 2002 at 00:00
David,
I think the fuel useage idea is a beauty. It seems to be one of the most regularly posed questions on the forum, and one none of us can afford not to research before heading out on a trip.
Good one
AnswerID: 5461

Follow Up By: Fred - Thursday, Aug 08, 2002 at 00:00

Thursday, Aug 08, 2002 at 00:00
Roller the best research you can do is with your own vehicle. I'm afraid people are too often inaccurate in their claims of amount used and distance travelled.
FollowupID: 2371

Follow Up By: Norm- Thursday, Aug 08, 2002 at 00:00

Thursday, Aug 08, 2002 at 00:00
You are too right there Fred. I have read with interest some figures people quote for their fuel economy. Either they are driving some miracle engined vehicle or they forget about 1 or 2 tank fulls that might have gone into the vehicle. The most common mistake I think is that they start off with a full tank and then dont fill it at the end of the trip and include this into the calculation. Having said that I do think that a fuel used section is a great idea because it should not be too hard to figure out if the numbers are close to the mark. A friend of mine has just returned from a trip starting in Sydney (Campbelltown to be exact) up to Lightning ridge, Charleville, Longreach, Boulia, Jervois,Alice Springs, Mereenie loop,Dalhousie springs,Coober Pedy,Lyndhurst,Camerons Corner,Broken Hill,Dubbo and back home in a GU Nissan 4.2 Turbo diesel, 6 occupants and towing trailer. He used $1600.00 of fuel and that is accurate. He averaged approx. 19litres per 100 km. So if you go on figures quoting false economy who do you have to blame. By the way he did exactly 7,932km on this trip.
FollowupID: 2374

Reply By: Andrew D - Wednesday, Aug 14, 2002 at 00:00

Wednesday, Aug 14, 2002 at 00:00
David, I saw the email in my intray but it didnt wanna return or more likely I did something wrong. Can we try again
TIA
Andrew D
AnswerID: 5694

Sponsored Links