Tyres for 80 Series

Submitted: Friday, Aug 30, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1852 Views:1492 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi I have an 80 series cruiser due for a new set of tyres, I'm thinking about HANKOOK RF03, has any one had anything to do with these tyres any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks, Tony
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Andy - Saturday, Aug 31, 2002 at 00:00

Saturday, Aug 31, 2002 at 00:00
Tony, I would have sworn by these tyres 6 months ago, I live in FNQ and got an excellent run from the RF03s on 40%gravel and 60% bitumen roads. I have just completed a trip to the centre, Simpson east to west, West and East Mac Donells and back East by the Plenty Highway and separated the RF03s. A tyre repairer in Winton said that they are known for it out there. So, sorry, can't help. I've worked for National Parks in Qld for the last 10 years and still don't know what to put on my own vehicle. The gravel shedded BF Goodrich ATs in 25000km, with correct pressure. I've used Goodyear TGs in Gidgee country, great in the mud and resisting punctures, but a bit of a worry on the bitumen, and the standard road grippers are fast wearers and puncture finders.

If you don't plan on a couple of thousand km trip on stony corragated roads the RF03s will keep you happy though.

Hope that helps
AnswerID: 6207

Reply By: Allyn - Saturday, Aug 31, 2002 at 00:00

Saturday, Aug 31, 2002 at 00:00
I can vouch for BFG A/T's. Mine have done Gibb River/ Kalumburu/ Mitchell Plateau twice now and permanently reside in Pilbara often going off road. After 30K I see no real problems and look forward to many more miles. Type "tyres" into the search on this forum and you should find all the info you require. Hope this helps
AnswerID: 6213

Reply By: De-Anne - Friday, Sep 06, 2002 at 00:00

Friday, Sep 06, 2002 at 00:00
My other halfs 60 has had 33 BFG Muds on it for the past five years and we have had no problems. We have changed to the tyres once and that was in 2000 when we did the Gibb River Road etc. They still have about 70-80% tread on them even with driving on the bitumen, sand, clay, mud. The only problem with them, and probably must new tyres, is the noise on the road.
AnswerID: 6426

Sponsored Links