Chambers pillar to Uluru

Submitted: Wednesday, Jan 05, 2005 at 12:57
ThreadID: 19084 Views:1827 Replies:5 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi there heading off in June this year, one thing though is I am trying to find the best route from Chambers Pillar then over to Uluru, can anyone help me out please
thanks Peter
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Peter McGuckian - Wednesday, Jan 05, 2005 at 13:43

Wednesday, Jan 05, 2005 at 13:43
1. back to Maryvale station and turn left then back through Alice or

2. turn right and head down the ghan track then right at Finke and come out at Kulgera on the Sturt Highway.

Peter
Peter
VKS Mobile 1906

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 91426

Reply By: Damon - Wednesday, Jan 05, 2005 at 14:14

Wednesday, Jan 05, 2005 at 14:14
Not sure if you want the most direct route, however I am assuming you want to make a trip of it; We went through that way recently and I recommend passing through the following places if you have time. One is the drive into Palm Valley, you need to drive back out as well. The second is the drive along the Finke River through Boggy Hole; this trip is very beautiful. Access for both of these is south from Hermannsberg. The trip though Boggy Hole will come out on the main highway, on the general route to Uluru. The Hema maps show the details and some trip notes on this site are also helpful. There's heaps to see (with kms and hrs in between) if you are planning a trip in the area. If you want the fastest, come back out from C.Pillar and head for the Sturt Highway (see maps again).
Regards, Damon.
AnswerID: 91429

Reply By: Squizzy - Wednesday, Jan 05, 2005 at 14:45

Wednesday, Jan 05, 2005 at 14:45
As Peter said;
"1. back to Maryvale station and turn left then back through Alice "

Or, if you are in a hurry, after Maryvale you can take the Hugh River Stock Route to the left and head out to the Stuart Highway. It is a good gravel road all the way. Most direct route to Uluru from Chambers Pillar.

Geoff.

AnswerID: 91434

Reply By: TONKER - Wednesday, Jan 05, 2005 at 21:08

Wednesday, Jan 05, 2005 at 21:08
Hi Peter
The Hugh River Stock Route is more direct way to Uluru, if you go up though Alice it's 155k's up and 450 k's back down to Uluru,, you can resupply in Yulara there's a supermarket there.
Then if you want to go up to Alice, go though Kings Canyon.
Take warm clothes it gets really cool at night.
Good Luck
Alan
AnswerID: 91493

Reply By: Willem - Wednesday, Jan 05, 2005 at 21:13

Wednesday, Jan 05, 2005 at 21:13
There used to be an access route down the fence line.
After coming over the big jump up turn left at the bottom. Turn right at the fence and follow the fenceline to the corner. Turn left at the corner and follow through to the railway line. Turn right and go to the Hugh River Stock Route. Turn left onto the SR and left again at the bitumen and head for the rock. There are two options there as well
AnswerID: 91494

Follow Up By: Well 55 - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 07:45

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 07:45
or turn left at the railway line and follow it across the Finke then onto Idracowa? Stn hit their axcess road turn right out to the Hwy.
FollowupID: 350109

Sponsored Links