75 series rust around screen

Submitted: Wednesday, Sep 11, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1955 Views:2057 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
My 75 has the dreaded iron worms around the windscreen can anyone tell me about new sorrounds fibreglass/steel where to get one ....would also like to hear from someone who has fixed it how they went what to do ......
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: royce - Thursday, Sep 12, 2002 at 00:00

Thursday, Sep 12, 2002 at 00:00
I posted a question like this just a few days ago mudgutz... Got a couple of replies. I'm about to do the research. I just bought an '86 tray back so now I have two with the problem. Seems that this is tyical. One of my vehicles is white so the fibreglass will be okay, but I don't know about colour matching. I'll post a result when I work out best price and options. cheers Royce
AnswerID: 6557

Reply By: mudgutz - Thursday, Sep 12, 2002 at 00:00

Thursday, Sep 12, 2002 at 00:00
thanks royce much appreciated...yeah its typical everyone i looked at had the same..older ones anyway.....i bought my 90 for 10 grand so i could afford to put some nice after market goodies on , bigger rubber
lift and the like ......didnt seem to sit right with me to spend 30 grand to put a late model one in the bush and have to spend bucks for the good springs shocks etc anyway when at sale time youre only gonna tear up the bucks.....
AnswerID: 6562

Follow Up By: Royce - Monday, Sep 16, 2002 at 00:00

Monday, Sep 16, 2002 at 00:00
Okay .... my research so far... Replacement steel windscreen frame from Toyota is $1400!!!!! Phew! Gympie 4WD $540 [didn't get delivery charge to me in Vic.]. FRP $451 and $66 freight. This is the best so far. This still hurts, but my $10,000 Supa Trupa has had about the same spent on it again, and will have a good deal more before I'm finished so I guess it's worth the investment. The lower panel is showing some rust too so I need to get into it as soon as possible with the fish oil etc. They recommend that you paint the fibreglass. The '86 tray will have to last a bit longer. Its a farm vehicle. Cheers Royce
FollowupID: 2990

Reply By: mudgutz - Monday, Sep 16, 2002 at 00:00

Monday, Sep 16, 2002 at 00:00
wow 1400 toyota ouch my wallet leave me alone toyo..........i have my screen out now and im thinkin of going down to my local 4wd wrecker
here in sydney he knows me well....laughs to himself.....mine is only rusted along the bottom but its right out to the front section thats visible between the screen and the beaver panel so im thinkin maybe gas axe the section of the bottom i need from a rolled one he has down there and weld the sod in...im gonna cut the whole peice out right from the small beaver panel that comes out near the wipers from pillar to pillar this should fix it.......how does the new surruond go in and how far does it go....do you need to cut stuff off weld stuff in ive never done it before so im not sure what it involves ......thanks for the info
good luck with em..... mudgutz
AnswerID: 6676

Sponsored Links