The secret message is...

Submitted: Friday, Jan 28, 2005 at 07:57
ThreadID: 19851 Views:1991 Replies:4 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
... finally revealed! Yes, it was there all the time.

I have been giving all of Len Beadells books & videos a workout, along with reading the history of Tom Kruse ( who my brother had the fortune of working with whilst drilling for samples at Barton).

What's the secret?

Time.

Yes, time & distance........ they were just numbers.

None of the rushing around that we see today, trying to fit in as much as we can in a day.
Just cruise along, and you'll get there...... today.......tomorrow..... next week.....

My last trip was on my own, and whilst I had a rough idea as to where I wanted to go, I didn't quite get there, but went somewhere else instead, and didn't give a damn about times and camping spots, etc...

Okay, some of you may think that as being a little foolish, like not letting people know of your whereabouts, but that's how it is.

Some of you may think I am a little selfish, but I'm on my own, and only myself to please.

We are all familiar with the setting off in the morning on the big trip, and how we can get uptight if we are running late, or when we get annoyed if we get way laid.

The reason is..... time...... and the constraints we put on it.

I am only now learning myself, the real lack of importance of time constraints. We all have to adhere to time at work and at home. Why on holidays?

This is nothing but a rant, and a lot of you would be no doubt aware of this little gem, but there are a lot of people who simply rush around, get to a spot, jump out, take a piccie, jump back in, and race away. Bugger that!

Anyway, I'd better go now, or I'll be late for work, and I'll have to sack myself!

Wolfie
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Sparkie (QLD) - Friday, Jan 28, 2005 at 08:24

Friday, Jan 28, 2005 at 08:24
MAAATE,

i'd love to be able to find the time just to go on a trip to camp let alone being able to do it at my own pace.
Being an Sparkie makes it hard to find time for these things when people keep ringing up and saying " you are the 10th Leccie I have called" as there opening line........ Anyway enough of my bitchin.

Being able to do it your way sounds like the way to go but when your 2 year old starts screaming from the back seat because she wants out or after getting out she won't go back into her seat makes it hard to contemplate the trip let alone being able to relax when on said trip! We are trying to go to Fraser Island in Feb but only for three days worth. Not a lot of time to indulge in relaxing but we shall see.;-) Thank goodness I live close to Fraser Island.

Sparkie(IE not Y) ;-)
AnswerID: 95317

Follow Up By: Member - bushfix - Friday, Jan 28, 2005 at 09:08

Friday, Jan 28, 2005 at 09:08
G'day Sparkie,

yep, kids eh? I took my elder two (3 and 6) camping down Taralga way last weekend. Coming back on the Monday (RDO, thank God for the Unions) I wanted a bit of a meander. After drying the tent and packing up I turned left instead of right when we hit the tar. "Where are we going?" asked the sixer, "This is not the right way." 3yo just happy to be along for the ride. Anyway, with the TIME that I had, my only constraint was to get them home by 1830 for feed and bed and allow me to pull everthing off and out of the car (for wife mode.) I decided to take some back roads to Oberon. Found the Range trail and had a beautiful drive through. Despite the inevitable experience ofbleepe for brains drivers when you get closer to Sydney, I arrived home (1818 hrs) still charged from that beautiful drive. The kids were happy with a story tape and a goodie bag each and thankfully they never complain about the bumps off road.

cheers.
FollowupID: 354080

Follow Up By: GOB & denny vic member - Friday, Jan 28, 2005 at 17:24

Friday, Jan 28, 2005 at 17:24
jeez your a girl sparkie
why dont you do what us vic sparkies do cut yor self in half and people only have to wait half as long
rathflmao

steve
FollowupID: 354165

Reply By: cokeaddict - Friday, Jan 28, 2005 at 09:07

Friday, Jan 28, 2005 at 09:07
Yeh good on ya wolfie,
Now you stuffed it up. Now everyone knows my secret to a great time away. Nothing is sacred anymore. What else are ya planning to reveal ?

AnswerID: 95322

Reply By: Member - Roachie (SA) - Friday, Jan 28, 2005 at 09:33

Friday, Jan 28, 2005 at 09:33
G'day Wolfie,
Not sure why, but your post reminds me of something I heard Billy Connolly say once....and everytime I recall it, I have a good chuckle.
He was talking about some of the stupid things we come out with that annoy the crap out of him. This one was:

People say "life is too short"....WHAT THE PHOOK; life is the longest phooking thing any of us is ever gunna do!!!!!!!"
AnswerID: 95331

Reply By: Member - Geoff M (NSW) - Friday, Jan 28, 2005 at 09:35

Friday, Jan 28, 2005 at 09:35
So right Wolfie, there is no such thing as time.
It's just something man made up. Ask the birds, the tree's, the land what time it is and where they need to be by 4:30.
It's all just crap, what you do today is what you do today and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Geoff.
Geoff,
Landcruiser HDJ78,
Grey hair is hereditary, you get it from children. Baldness is caused by watching the Wallabies.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message
Classifieds: Landcruiser 16x8 Rims,

AnswerID: 95334

Follow Up By: Jimbob - Saturday, Jan 29, 2005 at 06:26

Saturday, Jan 29, 2005 at 06:26
If there is no such thing as time why do the pubs have colsing time?
should be like in heaven, walk in any time and grab a beer.

jimbob
FollowupID: 354236

Sponsored Links