Sound and Heat proofing

Submitted: Saturday, Feb 05, 2005 at 22:02
ThreadID: 20154 Views:1474 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Probably a question asked a lot, but i need help on the best way to fix these problems in my rangie, The heat is probably the worst noise i can live with but when it's hotter in the car than outside you know it, and yes some one will say only drive in winter, running 308 under bonnet generates some heat, really need to do everything from inside of the car if possible.
Any help will me appreciated

Dixie
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Eric Experience. - Saturday, Feb 05, 2005 at 22:28

Saturday, Feb 05, 2005 at 22:28
Dixie.
It is tricky to insulate under the dash as it is already very busy under there. One way of reducing the hot air from the radiator flowing over the fire wall is to run a skirt across under the radiator, this has the efect of lowering the air pressure under the motor which in turn brings the hot air down to ground level. The low bumpers on the V8 super cars are there for that reason. Eric.
AnswerID: 96874

Reply By: Wok - Sunday, Feb 06, 2005 at 08:31

Sunday, Feb 06, 2005 at 08:31
Dixie,
I use a 'loaded vinyl' which is a vinyl sheet with suspended sand? It comes in various weights....sorry cannot remember the name[too long ago!] I cut the sheet to fit the wall & floor[inside use only] I believe Mercs used the product.

cheers
AnswerID: 96897

Reply By: duncs - Sunday, Feb 06, 2005 at 17:02

Sunday, Feb 06, 2005 at 17:02
Dixie,

Department of the Interior on the Princess Highway at Kogarah Bay in Sydney sell the stuff and they could well have it already cut to size.

Good luck
Duncs
AnswerID: 96956

Sponsored Links