Who is Scruby?

Submitted: Tuesday, Feb 15, 2005 at 16:07
ThreadID: 20471 Views:2556 Replies:7 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
I read all the different threads posted today regarding the decision from North Sydney council to double park fees for 4wd and noticed that a guy named Scruby was mentioned a number of times. Who is he and why does his opinion on the subject has so much impact on governments (local or not)? Is he the same guy who's calling himself Spike and started this anti-4wd campaign last week?
The arguments put forward by those people are so laughable anyway I am surprised they get so much support.
If they want to do something for better parking then they should start to issue fines to people who can't park straight in their spot and with one wheel over the lane. I see plenty of sedans parked like that and I cant park next to them cause I could open my doors.
If they want to do something about fuel emissions and road safety, then they should consider some sort of roadworthy checks at regular intervals on cars (similar to what exists in some European countries) where brakes, suspension, tyres, exhaust fumes, noise levels ect are checked. If the vehicule doesn't comply you have to fix it or pay a surcharge on your rego. How many old bombs are driving around town with poor brakes, poor shockies, bold tyres and a cloud of brown smoke behind them?
And we could go on like that for each of their arguments.
What a load of crap!
I am feeling so lucky I am not in Sydney.

SLY.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Jack - Tuesday, Feb 15, 2005 at 16:28

Tuesday, Feb 15, 2005 at 16:28
Harold Scruby is the Chairman/CEO of the Pedestrian Council in NSW.

Details are on the website ... link here

Funny thing he drives a Subaru Forrester .. he must have the front drive wheels disconnected.

Jack
The hurrieder I go, the behinder I get. (Lewis Carroll-Alice In Wonderland)

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 98519

Reply By: Charlie - Tuesday, Feb 15, 2005 at 20:01

Tuesday, Feb 15, 2005 at 20:01
I'll give you some interesting points about Scruby and you can drwaw your own conclusions:
One of his kids was killed buy a 4X4.
He once hit a pedestrian in his car but that was the pedestrians fault!
Regards Charlie
AnswerID: 98540

Reply By: Brian - Tuesday, Feb 15, 2005 at 20:42

Tuesday, Feb 15, 2005 at 20:42
Unfortunately this Scruby idiot is wasting good oxygen that the rest of us need to enjoy our great life in Australia. What a complete waste of a human being.
AnswerID: 98547

Reply By: Muddy 'doe (SA) - Tuesday, Feb 15, 2005 at 21:49

Tuesday, Feb 15, 2005 at 21:49
Scuby is a one man lobby group that has been at it long enough and winges loud enough to have the ear of some of our weak willed poll driven politicians.

The power of one man and a fax machine!
AnswerID: 98564

Follow Up By: Footloose - Tuesday, Feb 15, 2005 at 21:59

Tuesday, Feb 15, 2005 at 21:59
One press sl*t, one fax machine, one failure.
FollowupID: 356987

Reply By: stitch - Tuesday, Feb 15, 2005 at 23:04

Tuesday, Feb 15, 2005 at 23:04
Scruby is just another dumb F*CK in this world. He is another do-gooder that is better than all of us. We go through life being hindered by parasites like this all the time. I am hoping to bump into him one day.
AnswerID: 98582

Follow Up By: Michael ( Moss Vale NSW) - Wednesday, Feb 16, 2005 at 07:44

Wednesday, Feb 16, 2005 at 07:44
I hope you dont mean , bump into him.... with your bull bar!!!!
Patrol 4.2TDi 2003

Retired 2016 and now Out and About!

Somewhere you want to explore ? There is no time like the present.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 357016

Reply By: fisho64 - Wednesday, Feb 16, 2005 at 02:51

Wednesday, Feb 16, 2005 at 02:51
While agreeing with the gist of the thread, personal insults, abuse and making threats is just plain juvenile.
On top of that, people, newspapers would love to prolong the debate by having the excuse of a headline like "4WD owners threaten physical violence against activist"
The same thing happened during the gun debate a few years back to the extent of people ringing radio talkback, saying they were gunowners and would shoot anyone who tryed to take their guns away. These people were most likely the ones campaigning against guns but that got ignored.
Finally, if it is true what was said about his child, I DO have some sympathy for his opinion, as to go thru that is a lifelong hell that will give you strong feelings. ( I know ) If you feel that strong about paying a few bucks more to park your car in a s...hole like NS, how much energy would you devote if your flesh and blood was killed?? Voice your opinion (like I am) but get a grip you people making pathetic threats
AnswerID: 98605

Follow Up By: Footloose - Wednesday, Feb 16, 2005 at 12:17

Wednesday, Feb 16, 2005 at 12:17
" personal insults, abuse and making threats is just plain juvenile"
In this case its probably frustration.
Have you ever tried to reason with Harold ? I have. He's hardly the mature rational adult that you allude to.

" as to go thru that is a lifelong hell that will give you strong feelings."
Agreed. Both of my parents died as a result of a car accident. So what should I be campaigning against ?

We were not told of the age of the child involved nor of the circumstances. This doesnt make one bit of difference to a parents grief, but it does help to put things into perspective for some rational debate, something Harold is incapable of engaging in.
FollowupID: 357051

Follow Up By: Brian - Wednesday, Feb 16, 2005 at 20:18

Wednesday, Feb 16, 2005 at 20:18
Yes, the loss of a child would be devistating. I agree, but why does this clown want to take it out on the rest of the 4WDrivers out there. He should just keep his mouth shut and try to work in with the rest of the community and not against it. I am afraid I have no time for him at all and as I said before he is wasting good oxygen. He has had a terrible tragedy so should look at getting help and helping others instead of his pathetic ideas and the way he goes about it.
Just my opinion and I reckon the same as many others.
FollowupID: 357114

Reply By: floyd - Wednesday, Feb 16, 2005 at 14:48

Wednesday, Feb 16, 2005 at 14:48
Scruby
AnswerID: 98677

Sponsored Links