4wd parking issue

Submitted: Wednesday, Feb 16, 2005 at 15:17
ThreadID: 20511 Views:1442 Replies:3 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
The opportunity has now risen with this latest attach in sydney, on our rights to own 4wd freely.for a leeder to step forward & claw back our rights.
the high profile of this case gives usthe chance to get our side noticed

all we need is someone in sydney to organize a blockade of the sydney centre by 4wd drivers & v8 owners bring the city to a stand still & demand our right to own the cars of our choosing without the penalties of others opinion the modern 4wd drive is no worse than many 2wd vehicles.

it's time to fight back
its time to tell scubby that if he wishes to save pedestrians fight for more cross walks or better paths its time to stand united & pull the rug from inder our detractors.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Rod W - Wednesday, Feb 16, 2005 at 15:37

Wednesday, Feb 16, 2005 at 15:37
Just had a look on the NSW 4WD Associations web site re this issue and there is diddle squat about it. One would think that this is the ideal time for the state and national bodies to organise and lead the way, or are they just toothless Tigers or should that be Tasmanian Tigers (no disrespect of the Tasmanian Tiger).
AnswerID: 98686

Follow Up By: Charlie - Wednesday, Feb 16, 2005 at 17:34

Wednesday, Feb 16, 2005 at 17:34
I did see the rep on the late news last night but sadly the media are more interested in a "story" rather than necessarily getting at the truth.
Regards Charlie
FollowupID: 357099

Follow Up By: Brad and His Disco - Thursday, Feb 17, 2005 at 00:58

Thursday, Feb 17, 2005 at 00:58
Try posting your thoughts and posts on this site :

4wd Awareness Petition
FollowupID: 357164

Reply By: Black Jack - Wednesday, Feb 16, 2005 at 20:41

Wednesday, Feb 16, 2005 at 20:41
Before anyone goes planning blockades and getting more bad advertising, what about testing the rule in court. When I heard the Sydney thing talked about on the radio this morning, the speaker was talking about the extra size of 4x4s and the pollution they cause by using extra fuel. Yes the larger 4x4s do use more fuel and take a bit more space than a smaller car, but the majority of registered vehicles that carry the tag 4x4 or All Wheel Drive are not Patrols and Cruisers. Look at the Honda CRVs, Subarus, X-Trails, not to mention the collection of passenger cars that can't go off road but are AWDs. When the Council tries to charge extra fees for owning a 4x4 they will also bill all cars registered as 4x4/AWD.

They other side of the argument is if they intend claiming 4x4 owners must pay extra because they are larger and use more fuel, then they must include LTD Ford and Holden Caprices and all passenger cars that have the same bumper to bumper length and big motors. How does a V8 Commodore compare in length and fuel consumption to a 3lt TD Nissan Patrol?

As the argument was laid out on the radio this morning it is flawed and would not stand up under legal scrutiny.

My two cents worth.
Jack
AnswerID: 98731

Follow Up By: bruce.h (WA) - Wednesday, Feb 16, 2005 at 20:58

Wednesday, Feb 16, 2005 at 20:58
thats all well & good but who would fund this challange!

we also need to look at the fact that the only ones speeking out & being heard are those who are against us, its time 4wd drivers stop fearing what they are & stood up for what they are.
FollowupID: 357124

Follow Up By: Member - Jeff M (WA) - Wednesday, Feb 16, 2005 at 23:00

Wednesday, Feb 16, 2005 at 23:00
They get around this by saying it has to be over 2 tonne. Therefore dunnydores and CRV's are excempt. It's blatent that they are after the cruiser, pajero, jackeroo, patrol kinda market.
FollowupID: 357151

Reply By: cokeaddict - Wednesday, Feb 16, 2005 at 23:09

Wednesday, Feb 16, 2005 at 23:09
I was involved in the sydney city blockades way back when the Bob Carr Labour gov decided to change thw workers comp laws for the worst. We used trucks to blockade the city under the supervision of the police as they agreed that the new compo laws were a disaster.
I remember at the time the camera men were looking for action shots. Most of these came from pedestrians complaining that we (TWU) Transport workers union, were trouble makers and we had no idea what we were doing.

Looking back now I wish we did much more, I can say that now as i have been on compo now for 4 years with a permanently damaged lower back, and i found out the hard way just how strick these new laws are. You have NO rights anymore, NO huge payouts either. So dont think we get 500,00 dollars to live on, those days are gone thanks to false claims by people who really were not injured at the time.
Problem is, most people Dont want to know about it UNTIL it affects someone in their family, then and only then, do they reaslise how much damage the new laws will cause.

When i first heard about the North Sydney 4wd thing, I was wondering if anyone would organise a blockade of the North Sydney business area. Its not that hard to do, just need someone with organisational skills and time to spare. If enough 4b's showed up, and i honestly believe they will, we would definately demonstrate what poswer we have, as for the consequesnces of such an action, well...who knows with councils making new laws whenever they want. I for 1 would be there, Ill sell something on ebay to pay for the fuel, to me its well worth it.

Sorry, just letting off some steam :-)
AnswerID: 98762

Sponsored Links