Have Your Say.

Submitted: Thursday, Feb 17, 2005 at 20:29
ThreadID: 20542 Views:1893 Replies:5 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Why not go direct to the source and let them know what we think.

Here is a link to North Sydney's shire home page, down the bottom of the page you can click "no" and write them some comments. Everyone please take the time, let them know that this kind of thing is none of their business. It's a federal issue and if they really cared about the environment instead of their hip pockets they wouldn't be taxing the aussie battles but getting old johnny boy to sign the Kyoto protocol.

Have you Say
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: GOB & denny vic member - Thursday, Feb 17, 2005 at 21:16

Thursday, Feb 17, 2005 at 21:16
goodday jeff
fired one off too many bloody greenies getting into councils or government but i had to laugh today article in todays herald sun about peter garrett having to disclose all his shares etc seems he owns a heap of shraes in one of the power producing companys a black coal job so that barstard swings both ways and has the gall to go labor just so he can get back in they never got my vote because of him and the fact that labor was going to become tree huggers ????????
steve
AnswerID: 98871

Follow Up By: Member - Bernard - Friday, Feb 18, 2005 at 12:41

Friday, Feb 18, 2005 at 12:41
North Sydney Council -- Unfortunately, this is the Council which "runs??!!??" the area in which I live. I don't need a Parking Permit but, nevertheless, I have just submitted following reply on the Council's website:

"Someone seems to have lost sight of the reality. A Council's job is to administer on behalf of its ratepayers, not introduce ill-founded "taxes". The issuing of a Parking Permit is to allow identification of a second or more ratepower owned vehicle that is permitted to park in an otherwise restricted area. As such, Council's charge should only be at a level that recoups the costs involved in issuing such permit - not at a level which is obviously discriminative and revenue raising. As previously stated, a Council's job is to administer ... not to govern, rule or penalise. North Sydney Council continues to decline inm its service and administration and needs to sit down and conduct a severe and penetrating reality check on its suitability to continue in office."

Of course, no one will take any notice ... they never do in North Sydney ... the very Council where a former mayor said, "If you're having trouble with parking and don't like the lack of parking facilities, don't own or drive a car!"
FollowupID: 357361

Reply By: Utemad - Thursday, Feb 17, 2005 at 21:34

Thursday, Feb 17, 2005 at 21:34
I doubt the extra cost of a parking permit would stop too many people owning a larger car. I had a quick look at the web page above and I think it said that it would be an extra $44 for the first permit and $112 for the second. Another $44/yr wouldn't stop me from owning a 4x4. Still annoyng that they are doing this.

However how is it that the high tech Prado and Pajero vehicles are rated in the hih impact segment.

Interesting to read the web page too. Since it doesn't specifically target 4x4s or even V8s like has been debated the last few days on all the forums.
AnswerID: 98874

Follow Up By: motherhen - Friday, Feb 18, 2005 at 00:38

Friday, Feb 18, 2005 at 00:38
Usual media beat - up. Always Today Tonight rides high in the 2wd bashing.
FollowupID: 357310

Follow Up By: Member - John (Vic) - Friday, Feb 18, 2005 at 00:44

Friday, Feb 18, 2005 at 00:44
"Since it doesn't specifically target 4x4s or even V8s like has been debated the last few days on all the forums."

Spot on Utemad, seems to be to many panic merchants out there prepared to place their own spin on the topic for their own end.
VKS737 - Mobile 6352 (Selcall 6352)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 357312

Reply By: Member - Sand Man (SA) - Friday, Feb 18, 2005 at 00:36

Friday, Feb 18, 2005 at 00:36
Jeff,

Thanks for that Mate. Just got some agro off my chest. hehehehe!

Gee, that was easy:-)
Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 98910

Reply By: motherhen - Friday, Feb 18, 2005 at 00:40

Friday, Feb 18, 2005 at 00:40
Thanks Jeff - I'd missed that one - or it came later than when i looked. Also couldn't find Landcruisers or Patrols on the list - obviously negligible environmental impact and they can park free!
AnswerID: 98911

Reply By: Rod W - Friday, Feb 18, 2005 at 10:30

Friday, Feb 18, 2005 at 10:30
Just flung one off. Having an LPG powered vehicle blows the enviro bit out of the water so to speak.
AnswerID: 98945

Sponsored Links