OzRoamer Camper Trailer

Submitted: Tuesday, Mar 01, 2005 at 10:39
ThreadID: 20875 Views:3697 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Looking to buy a new camper trailer after having had a Cavalier for 10 years. The fully galvanised OzRoamers made in Cairns look like a good unit. Is there anyone who has been using one for a few years who can give me some feed back?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Boo - Tuesday, Mar 01, 2005 at 14:32

Tuesday, Mar 01, 2005 at 14:32
Dont know anything about that brand ... sorry. But I'm also lookin at putting together a camper trailer . We where looking at a Cavalier untill we saw the setup from Bell Canvas (located in Sydney) , their canvas work and quality seems to be very good and they offered us a lot of little extras like shoe holders and privasy screen hanging points light holders etc for no extra charge. They have a gal off road trailer unit that sounds pretty good if you want a basic trailer but I've found a place near Gosford (Kendy Trailers) that will make a special order Gal trailer with lockable boxes on all corners 3 jerry can holders 2 gas bottle holders 60 litre water tank, large tool/storage chest on the draw bar and a few extras for just under the $5000 so we'll be going with our own trailer from them and putting the Bell Canvas top on it. Should be able to come out with change from $10,000 and have a lot more features and room than we would have got buying a stock standard setup. If you want any more info ... let me know, it seems to be a jungle of info when your looking for a setup.
AnswerID: 100680

Reply By: ginga - Tuesday, Mar 01, 2005 at 18:16

Tuesday, Mar 01, 2005 at 18:16
As has been said .... it's a minefield out there!

I like the look etc of the Aussie Swag; the way I worked it out it had more gear & was cheaper than the Ozroamer equivalent.
AnswerID: 100705

Reply By: Member - Bear - Tuesday, Mar 01, 2005 at 20:26

Tuesday, Mar 01, 2005 at 20:26
Hi Sunnyheads

OzRoamer is the National Distributor of Cape York Trailers. All the info is at www.ozroamer.com.au

They are a great CT.
AnswerID: 100713

Reply By: Dodgy - Tuesday, Mar 01, 2005 at 21:39

Tuesday, Mar 01, 2005 at 21:39
Gidday Sunnyheads.. I bought a cape york explorer extreme new only 10 months ago and absollutely love it.. a great ct and very sound.. heaps of storage and the attention to detail is superb..all the fittings are stainless and chassis is galvenised with a full aluminium body so there's not much to rust.. everything is heavyduty and built to last..tows like a dream behing the 79 series diesel cruiser.. the canvas work to is of good quality.. I have a fussy cook so i need to keep her happy and i haven't had no complaints yet..
with the aussie swag just ask the guy if he will do later modifactions to older model aussie swags and see if you really want to buy one..he'll sell you a new one rather than modify your perfectly good old one..food for thought.. anyway i highly recomened the cape york trailers.. great bit of gear..

Keep your whistle wet and your powder dry.. Dodgy.. ;-)
AnswerID: 100720

Sponsored Links