Honda EU10 generators

Submitted: Friday, Oct 04, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 2092 Views:3058 Replies:3 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Just been to the melbourne 4 x 4 and fishing show.
Thought that someone might be interested to know that there are 2 mob's selling the honda generators eu10 there . one lots price is $1350 and the other for $1300. Thought that was a bargin.
One bloke started one , boy that thing was quiet. you could comfortly talk next to it without it anoying you.

hope it helps someone
Daren
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Peter- Friday, Oct 04, 2002 at 00:00

Friday, Oct 04, 2002 at 00:00
Yes Daren, they are very quiet and efficient. I have had mine for about two years, bought it not long after they came out for $1200, and have used it whenever I go camping/caravaning. Have run three caravans on it for approx 5 hours on one tank. One problem with them is that they are very oil level sensitive, must maintain full oil level or they stop and also should be kept on a level surface or uneven oil level will stop it, other than that, best buy I ever made. Good Travelling, Peter.
AnswerID: 7168

Follow Up By: Old Soldier - Saturday, Oct 05, 2002 at 00:00

Saturday, Oct 05, 2002 at 00:00
Peter,

I also have one and like you, am totally impressed.

Have had no problems so far with low oil and I am just wondering when the time comes what is the best oil to use?

What oil do you use - brand and grade?

regards

Dennis
FollowupID: 3272

Follow Up By: Member - Peter- Tuesday, Oct 08, 2002 at 00:00

Tuesday, Oct 08, 2002 at 00:00
Gi'day Old Soldier, The oil I use is Castrol GTX2 20W-50. The genie only holds .25L of oil so that is why the level is critical, as much as a tablespoon full will upset it. The unit does not use a lot, but, if it suddenly stops for no apparent reason, check that oil level is full. A drop or two to top up and away she goes again. Hope this is of help. Good Travelling, Peter.
FollowupID: 3322

Follow Up By: Old Soldier - Friday, Oct 11, 2002 at 00:00

Friday, Oct 11, 2002 at 00:00
Thanks for the info Peter, will keep it in mind when I need to add oil. regards
FollowupID: 3358

Reply By: Bruce- Sunday, Oct 06, 2002 at 00:00

Sunday, Oct 06, 2002 at 00:00
Yes top machine..had a little 350 w honda..sold it and bought the eu10...very quiet , very economical , not to heavy..just ideal
AnswerID: 7205

Reply By: Emjay - Friday, Oct 11, 2002 at 00:00

I've ordered a van with a fairly expensive solar system on it. Since doing so, I've read a bit about the problems of maintaining supply when the natural instinct is to park in the shade. This can be solved with portable panels but I believe they have an expensive habit of vanishing.

Is a generator a better option that would eliminate some of the solar panels? Obviously a generator would need to be chained up if unattended but I imagine it would do a quicker job of charging batteries so theft would be less of a problem. Anybody have any thoughts on which way is the better one?

Michael
AnswerID: 7327

Follow Up By: Bob Y. - Friday, Oct 11, 2002 at 00:00

Evening All, Am very interestd in everyones comments, as have been looking at the EU10s, and have a big interest in solar. The Honda's can be hooked together, with unit of same size to double the power, would be handy, if travelling with someone else, with one. I must be naive too, didn't realise you could lose solar panels in the bush. However did see a bloke in Winton earlier this week, he had 2 large panels on the roof of his people mover van, I'd say they must have 120 watt units as they were longer than the vehicle was wide, by a few cm's. Would keep the car cooler, but not much charge going into the caravan, when the cars a few clicks away. Someone mentioned, a few weeks ago, the 12 volt charger/Honda engine, made in NSW, that can put out 55 amps@ 12 volt. Catch you later...Bob.
PS S'pose they'd have legs as long as a solar panel, when you were away from camp!!
FollowupID: 3362

Sponsored Links