4WD Spare Parts?! - Holden Rodeo Diff

Submitted: Tuesday, Oct 08, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 2117 Views:4780 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I am on the hunt for a limited slip diff. Can anyone tell me how much I would expect to pay for one - prefereble second hand. Also, does anyone know of any web sites where I can search for this product and find prices.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: rockhopper_au - Friday, Oct 11, 2002 at 00:00

Friday, Oct 11, 2002 at 00:00
Have a look at the web site for JACKAROO WORLD. I think they are based in Victoria.
AnswerID: 7326

Follow Up By: Sails - Wednesday, Nov 06, 2002 at 01:00

Wednesday, Nov 06, 2002 at 01:00
hi Kelli,
a lot of the Rodeo 4x4s came with rear LSD as standard. they use a ramp style diff. You can check if your vehicle has one as standard by using the www.redbook.com.au site, and follow the prompts.
I went through the same process, and found the vehicle I'd purchased had a LSD fitted, but there was no indication on the diff housing or any where on the car to say so.
a second hand LSD try a 4wd wrecker,such as "Franks Commercial Parts Plus". Smithfield in Sydney, 02 9609 5444, or parts@frankspartsplus.com.au. They had diffs for $600.00, with a part exchange on a good diff for $200.00. Make sure you get the diff with the small centre piece in it that puts load onto the ends of your axles. i dont know the technical terms, but if you enquire from a good diff shop, like Craft Diffs at Granville, they will be able to give you a good understanding , as they did for me . As a novice I had good treatment from both those shops .
Good luck
FollowupID: 3969

Sponsored Links