Innamincka Fuel and trip plans

Submitted: Tuesday, Mar 22, 2005 at 20:41
ThreadID: 21440 Views:4663 Replies:6 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew any contact details of who sells the fuel at Innamincka? We are planning to be there around Easter Sat / Easter Sunday so I was keen to call them and see if and when they will be open over Easter.

For those interested we are following the Adventure way from Thargominda to Innamincka (checking out Burke and Wills etc). Then doing an anti clockwise loop through Moomba down to Camerons Corner. From there we will check out Stuart National Park and meander back to Brisbane via Currawinya Nat Park.

Leaving Brisbane Thurs 24th, back on Monday the 4th April.

Cheers,

Glenn.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: brian - Tuesday, Mar 22, 2005 at 20:45

Tuesday, Mar 22, 2005 at 20:45
innaminka trading post should be in phone book,have a great trip.
AnswerID: 103477

Reply By: Ruth from Birdsville Caravan Park - Tuesday, Mar 22, 2005 at 20:51

Tuesday, Mar 22, 2005 at 20:51
Ring the Innamincka Trading Post (as suggested above) on (08) 8675 9900. Have a good trip - weather fine, days nice, flies reasonable (but bring and wear nets).
AnswerID: 103479

Reply By: Willem - Tuesday, Mar 22, 2005 at 22:25

Tuesday, Mar 22, 2005 at 22:25
BTW there is no access to Moomba Gas and Oil Fields. You can drive down the Strzlecki Track(road), or down the Old Strzlecki or go via the Bore Track via Bollards Lagoon Station to Camerons Corner.
AnswerID: 103504

Follow Up By: Vince NSW - Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 10:14

Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 10:14
Highly recommend the Bore Track.
FollowupID: 361073

Reply By: Member - John Q (QLD) - Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 16:18

Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 16:18
Hi Glenno,
I presume you will be coming bacvk through Tibooburra, Wanaaring, Hungerford & Eulo. I'm contemplating doing something similar, but from E to W, probably around July. When you return could you post on here the pros & cons of that section of your trip please?

Thanks,

John
just crusin & smelling the flowers

1. At Halls Creek (Is he really lost?)
2. East of Cameron Cnr

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 103608

Follow Up By: Glenno - Sunday, Apr 03, 2005 at 20:28

Sunday, Apr 03, 2005 at 20:28
Hi John,

Did the trip and loved it.

drop me a line to

glenno at glenno dot com

and let me know what you want to know.

Cheers,

Glenn.
FollowupID: 362180

Reply By: Bonz (Vic) - Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 21:25

Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 21:25
We'll be doing Tibooburra to Camerons cCorner and up to Innamincka 30 March staying at Cullyamurra on the night of the 30th mate, might see you as we drive alogn the track, Blue Nissan Patrol, smiling driver.
Time is an illusion produced by the passage of history

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 103645

Reply By: Pfeff - Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 23:56

Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 23:56
Hi Glenno,

Just got back from the same trip Monday night. Went out testing the new Cooper STT's. After staying at the Oasis Motel with Dogger and his team at Thargo, we went down through the Bulloo Downs track and Tickalara then up past Santos and Orientos before dropping by the Dig Tree. Stayed with Geoff and Julie at Innamincka Homestay and highly recommend their hospitality. Plenty of water in the Cooper so camping at Callyamarra is also great. While we went down the old Stez track then back to Bollards Lagoon along the Merty Merty road, I'd say the Bore Track is worth the extra effort. We were time limited and covered the 3300ks in just 5 days.

The Bore Track is definately open for use but you will need to spot the station owners at Bollards $10 which they put to maintenance of the track. It is on private property and they are totally responsible for it being open. Grant and Gina at Bollards are great people and welcome visitors and have some accommodation but I think they are full up this weekend.

Make sure you stop in to have a drink with Billy Mitchell at Cameron Corner although i think he plans to be away this weekend also. Even so, i am sure you can fuel up and get a feed if needed.

The road to Currawinya through Wanarring is good and a stop at the Royal Mail at Hungerford is a treat. Say g'day to Tom and Gus, a couple of ol' timers visiting from Victoria unless they've already moved on. Highly recommend stopping for a chat with Ken and Marlene at the Eulo Queen if time also.

All the above mentioned folks are gems and love their country and terrific to spend a little time with. They made the trip with their friendliness and willingness to share a yarn or two. Gee I love Australia!

Have a great trip too.

Pfeff
AnswerID: 103673

Sponsored Links