Submitted: Tuesday, Mar 22, 2005 at 22:41
ThreadID: 21448 Views:2366 Replies:13 FollowUps:21
This Thread has been Archived
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2005 8:06 PM
Subject: Fw: From " Australian Newspaper- editorial"

> This is an editorial written by an Australian citizen, published in an
> Australian newspaper. it was written after hearing the State of
> South Australia changed its opinion and let a Muslim woman have
> her picture on her driver's license with her face covered.
> He did quite a job; didn't he?
>
>
> Quote:
> IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT.

I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians.
>
However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the "politically correct" crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others. I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to Australia. However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand. This idea of Australia being a multicultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity.

Australians, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom. We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, American or any other language.

Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, Learn the language! "In God We Trust" is our National Motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan. We adopted this motto
>
because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools.
>
If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your
new home, because God is part of our culture. If the Southern Cross offends you, or you don't like ' A Fair Go, ' then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are
happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from.
>
This is OUR COUNTRY, Our Land, and Our Lifestyle, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about our Flag, Our Pledge, Our National Motto, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom,
>
>
>
"THE RIGHT TO LEAVE".
>
>
>
>
>
>
I figure if we all keep passing this to our friends (and enemies) it will also, sooner or later get back to the complainers, lets all try, please.
No matter how many times you receive it please forward it to all you know.
>
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: greydemon - Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 01:42

Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 01:42
Hmm, strange that this claims to be Australian. "In God we Trust" is not our motto, but does appear on banknotes of the USofA. Have we been annexed when I wasn't looking.

The other clue that it is American is that it is a load of old rambling George Bush fundamentalist cr#p.
AnswerID: 103531

Follow Up By: timglobal - Friday, Mar 25, 2005 at 00:35

Friday, Mar 25, 2005 at 00:35
has johnno1 returned?
FollowupID: 361310

Reply By: NedKelly - Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 01:43

Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 01:43
Yeah Right. He sounds like a real right wing Nazi type. "In God we trust" is the US motto NOT ours!!! We're AUSTRALIAN....remember ;)
AnswerID: 103532

Follow Up By: Member - iMusty (VIC) - Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 06:15

Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 06:15
Who do we trust?
FollowupID: 361047

Follow Up By: Diamond (Vic) - Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 12:33

Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 12:33
we trust little johnny.
speaking of little john did you see last night that the bulletin magazine is offering $1250000 for the capture of a live tassie tiger.the spokesman from the bulletin said he was going to offer it to anyone who could find a pollitician who hasnt lied and kept all there promises but that would just be imposible so a live tiger is better odds .
lolol
FollowupID: 361091

Reply By: bob@judy - Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 07:12

Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 07:12
Pledge is a furniture polish.
In God We Trust is I am a Yankee Doodle wish list.
Do agree though that migrants should leave their wars behind them and not carry them on here.
AnswerID: 103537

Follow Up By: Member - iMusty (VIC) - Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 07:53

Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 07:53
If some bugger kills your mother and rapes your sister. My guess is it's pretty hard to 'move on' even if you escape the place you used to call home.
FollowupID: 361052

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 08:01

Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 08:01
Well I certainly wouldn't have issued the lady with a licence if she wouldn't conform to our laws. Licence with the face covered? Bloody Hell.

Let Her Walk!!!
Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 103545

Reply By: Nudenut - Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 08:15

Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 08:15
i wonder if i can obscure most of my face (no smart ass comments please)when my drivers licence falls due....
Now what about my firearms licence????? might try as this falls due every year

then theres photographic
builders, eletrical workers and Ozone Protection licences
AnswerID: 103549

Follow Up By: Willem - Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 12:26

Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 12:26
But you are already obscure, mate...havent seen you in ages hahahahaha
FollowupID: 361087

Follow Up By: Diamond (Vic) - Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 12:41

Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 12:41
please please please please please pleaseplease please please please please please please please please please please please please please.
cover up that head.
FollowupID: 361093

Follow Up By: Willem - Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 12:49

Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 12:49
especially the one with the emu features.....hahahahaha
FollowupID: 361097

Follow Up By: Nudenut - Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 17:11

Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 17:11
i'll treat those comments from both of you with the contempt they deserve
FollowupID: 361122

Reply By: MrBitchi - Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 09:06

Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 09:06
Leave out the bit about ""In God We Trust" is our National Motto." and the rest is very relevant. Anyone who comes to this country should be prepared to adopt OUR way of life and OUR culture. Otherwise they can feel free to exercise "their right to leave."
Pandering to minority groups (not only migrant groups) is slowly killing this country.

I'm AUSTRALIAN and proud of it.

Cheers, John.
AnswerID: 103556

Follow Up By: Member - iMusty (VIC) - Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 09:10

Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 09:10
It's getting so that saying I'm Australian has MANY meanings.

Tell me again exactly what it does mean?
FollowupID: 361065

Follow Up By: Redback - Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 10:03

Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 10:03
We're muts, we are one but we are many and from all the lands on earth we come, is'nt that how the song goes and being australian is being able to choose the way you want to live your life without being pursacuted about what racial background you have or religon you are.

Be thankfull you live here and not somewhere were this right is taken from you !!!!!!!!

MY FLAG

Baz.
FollowupID: 361071

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 10:30

Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 10:30
My post above was presented in a passive and non-confrontational way.

Now I'll say what I really want to.

The precedent has now been set and every Raghead will have a case that allows THEM to be issued with a Licence without a recognisable feature.

What about masked robbers? Perhaps THEY can also be issued with similar licences so they can remain anonymous.

Better still, lets have a Nationally controlled and issued license with NO photograph at all on it, so that we can remain unrecognised. This will then protect OUR human rights, blah! blah! blah!

What a load of Bull bleep .

If a person doesn't like our way of life and the laws that have been introduced to protect or enhance that way of life then:- BUGGER OFF!!!
Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 103563

Follow Up By: Member - iMusty (VIC) - Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 10:51

Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 10:51
I am willing to get the wxact story FIRST HAND and if it is as you say it is. I am willing to go to Burwood Vic Roads in Melbourne Masked and demand a new licence. I will be the first. Let's do it today, I have time today!!
FollowupID: 361079

Follow Up By: Member - bushfix - Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 10:59

Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 10:59
G'day Sandman,

reminds me of the signs you see on bank doors indicating that you are not allowed to enter the bank with a full face motorcycle helmet on (couriers may do this?) From a security point of view there does not appear to be much difference, the face is covered. Just a scenario that came to mind......
FollowupID: 361081

Follow Up By: Redback - Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 11:28

Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 11:28
I agree with you on the sheila not being able to get her licence with her photo with her head dress on makes no sence, i mean the whole idea of a photo licence is being able to put a face to the name and making sure the face on the licence is the face holding the licence being presented as identification, right !!!

Stupid act i say
FollowupID: 361083

Reply By: Member - Karl - Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 11:22

Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 11:22
We have a motto at my work - "In God We Trust - Everyone Else We Do A Crim History Check!!"

Remember - we all came from somewhere else to live here, even the Aboriginals. We have a set of standards and laws which everyone is suppose to adhere to - but don't.

It's easier for someone to make an excuse and blame someone for the problems, rather than accepting responsibilities for ones actions.

Also the Polticians, law makers, judges, politically correct people etc of today are the same long haired hippies of the 60's & 70's where they protested at everything that was known as the establishment then - and now look at the mess we are in.

Hopefully we will eventually come to our senses (and get over the LSD trips of the 60's & 70's) and realise that unfortunately the world is not perfect and that tough decissions have to made, which will ultimately upset a few - and if they don't like it they can leave.
AnswerID: 103569

Follow Up By: G.T. - Friday, Mar 25, 2005 at 12:33

Friday, Mar 25, 2005 at 12:33
Saw a sign in a pub once --- ` In God we trust ` -- all others pay cash.
Regards G.T.
FollowupID: 361331

Reply By: Willem - Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 12:31

Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 12:31
Rosco,

What on earth prompted youi to post that bit of drivel?

Seems to me, by some of the replies that we have still not escaped our European Tribal system of beligerence towards others.

This bit pof rubbish has been around since the 50's

Lets go back to 4wd-ing please
AnswerID: 103581

Follow Up By: Diamond (Vic) - Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 12:44

Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 12:44
yes very well put willem.
stuff the yank/aussie argument
and get back in our suv and enjoy ourselfs.
cheers mate.
FollowupID: 361095

Follow Up By: Rosco - Bris. - Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 12:46

Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 12:46
Ah to be sure Willie me lad, the Divil made me do it.

Wanted to see what sort of responses we'd get. Certainly interesting.

Notwithstanding the obvious Americanisms re motto etc. And I'm not even sure the licence bit is factual, perhaps someone can confirm or deny. In the event it's found to be true I would have to be the first to cry foul.

As for Americanisms, I swear I'll bash my head against the bullbar the next time I hear some drongo using the term "dude". Stone the bloody crows, mate. Enough of that crap already.

Cheers cobber
FollowupID: 361096

Follow Up By: Willem - Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 12:50

Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 12:50
Cheers Rosco You must be having a RDO :-)
FollowupID: 361098

Follow Up By: Redback - Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 13:05

Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 13:05
A trouble maker eh, bloody Land Rover owners nearly as bad as those Jackaroo blokes ;-)
FollowupID: 361100

Follow Up By: Rosco - Bris. - Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 13:54

Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 13:54
Just 9 days early.

Hahahaahhahahahahahaha

Cheers blokes
FollowupID: 361105

Reply By: ianmc - Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 12:58

Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 12:58
Adopt Australian culture whatever that is? Well maybe if you tell me what it is!
It seems to me that this country with so many others is fast going down the gurgler spiritually & physically with the ordinary people unable to trust politicians, advisors of any sort, or each other when the pressure is on.
So some of you want to leave God out of the equation too! Well he gave us perfect laws to live by which have been hacked into so much by us smarties trying to make them "relevant for the times".
Criticise a religion other than Christianity by quoting verbatim from their own "holy book" as Ps Danny Nalia & Scott did recently you shall be dealt with by the courts but vilifying Christians is OK at all levels it seems. No equality here & whilst those who continue to do so just make it easier for more foreign ADL laws to be passed in OZ as a prelude to the One World Govt & total rule from offshore.
OZ & other nations are fast losing their national status & shall fast become a quarry or cheap slave labor base for a few multi nationals.
Take on God at your own risk!
AnswerID: 103584

Follow Up By: Member - Mary W (VIC) - Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 15:04

Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 15:04
I 've got nothing against God! It's just his bloody Fan Clubs I can't stand.
"Some people walk in the rain,others just get wet."

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 361112

Follow Up By: Wombat - Thursday, Mar 24, 2005 at 11:34

Thursday, Mar 24, 2005 at 11:34
Oh Mary that is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!

I beg of you - May I use that line when the opportunity arises, plleeeeeeaaaaaassssse?
FollowupID: 361226

Reply By: NedKelly - Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 19:02

Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 19:02
yeah god's a great guy...I mean look at all the wars we've fought over him in the past few thousand years ;)
As for the photo liscence. Are you sure she's wearing the full Burqua??? I think she just had her hair covered, most do, and the face is usually fully visible for id in this case.
You guys need to lighten up a bit and go 4wding ;)
Cheers
AnswerID: 103625

Reply By: Mad Dog (Australia) - Thursday, Mar 24, 2005 at 10:46

Thursday, Mar 24, 2005 at 10:46
Duh! is there some problem here.
AnswerID: 103696

Reply By: Swine Hunter - Saturday, Mar 26, 2005 at 05:24

Saturday, Mar 26, 2005 at 05:24
This towelhead has shown obvious contempt for our laws in the first place by even raising an issue with having the photo taken for a license. The SA govt has shown contempt for the rest of us for allowing it to happen.

As in previous post, if convicted masked robers (stockings on head and masks,balaclavas used in robberies) want a license should they not be afforded the same right this Arab clown has been afforded?

If I like to wear my spiderman suit with mask and call my religion Marvel religion, could I get my firearms, security, drivers,passport photos done masked? Afterall who decides if my religion is bona fide?

I am Australian and very proud of our nation, to all those whining, un-happy,migrants who bag out great country, and constantly tell us how good your home country is or if don't want to conform to our laws,

I say this:

In your own countries, you may have been prisoners, and enjoyed few freedoms, in this country, you have it all. If you don't like it, exercise your right to F$@K OFF!!!
and stop polluting this great land with the filth of your person upon it!
AnswerID: 103867

Sponsored Links