Stolen Waeco CF50

Submitted: Wednesday, Apr 06, 2005 at 08:57
ThreadID: 21819 Views:2368 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
My kids and I had the unfortunate experience in finding our belongings stolen from a temporary location on Narrabundah Lane in Canberra on Saturday night on 2 April 2005. I would appreciate if you all could keep an eye out for the goods that might be for sale in the local pubs, clubs or anywhere else in the Canberra/Quenbeyan areas. My insurance company may not cover me for my goods that are not stolen from my house in Batemans Bay, however they might consider it, but still in the process. Please look out for the following items that were stolen. Waeco CF50 fridge/freezer, Yamaha Stereo Aplifier, DSE DVD Player and suround speakers, Computer Tower, Sony Handy Cam Video Camera (non digital). 40 various titled DVD movies. I am offering a reward for most of the items returned. Thankyou for your help.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Wednesday, Apr 06, 2005 at 09:20

Wednesday, Apr 06, 2005 at 09:20
I have posted this on Outerlimits4x4.com as well.

Plenty of good blokes there that will keep an eye out, they also hate scum thieves.
AnswerID: 105379

Reply By: Member - iMusty (VIC) - Wednesday, Apr 06, 2005 at 09:35

Wednesday, Apr 06, 2005 at 09:35
I thought that insuranse companies covered you if the goods are transient (not the right word). Eg a esky, a video, a picnic basket, a laptop. But not a home hi-fi.

They may be subtly negotiating with you. Watch the barrstards.

They tell you they wont and you think you've lost out and then they give you a token offering and you take it 'thankfully'.

The goods might be covered under the insurance from the temp location if any.

Keep us posted.

iMusty
AnswerID: 105382

Follow Up By: fourbyman - Wednesday, Apr 06, 2005 at 21:21

Wednesday, Apr 06, 2005 at 21:21
iMusty,
you're certainly busy with my mates Gal trailer from Mussellbrook,
can't keep a good man down
Regards
Fourbyman
FollowupID: 362570

Follow Up By: BenSpoon - Thursday, Apr 07, 2005 at 02:04

Thursday, Apr 07, 2005 at 02:04
Check your home contents policy: usually theres a clause for temporary removal of property along the lines of if you are temporarily residing (ie: camping) at the theft site your are covered for a percentage of your total contents value. Generally it is provided it was locked up (ie: in a car)
The unfortunate thing is you generally need proof of purchase... got

FollowupID: 362594

Reply By: Bob of KAOS - Wednesday, Apr 06, 2005 at 12:46

Wednesday, Apr 06, 2005 at 12:46
Sag
I used to live in Griffith ACT (next to Narrabunda), and was burgled repeatedly. It's a dodgy area, thanks to the proximity of several low cost ACT Housing Trust facilities in the area. Your goods have most likely left the region by now, and are awaiting purchase by their new owners. Sorry to sound so pessimistic, but I never got anything back, and the police were not hopeful.
AnswerID: 105396

Sponsored Links