New Alcohol Restrictions

Submitted: Tuesday, Apr 12, 2005 at 11:07
ThreadID: 21993 Views:2389 Replies:5 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Hi! Just a quick enquiry to see if anyone out there can let me know of some web sites, in reguards to the new laws with alcohol in the following states: QLD ,NT ,WA.
As we are venturing accross the top end of Australia as of 1st July 2005. We have found one web site which has been good, but need more information in regards to NT, WA restrictions.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Beatit (QLD) - Tuesday, Apr 12, 2005 at 12:34

Tuesday, Apr 12, 2005 at 12:34
G'day Troopytrek,

Someone I know had a contact in QLD Govt to do with this subject. I am doing a similar trip and asked about this a couple of months back, they advised WA and the NT have a different type of restricted area - usually in relation to licensed premises that have been trialled in different sites, like Tennant Creek. I'm taking this to mean that the rules are less draconian than those in Qld.

No websites to help you, sorry.

Kind regards
AnswerID: 106340

Follow Up By: troopytrek - Tuesday, Apr 12, 2005 at 13:27

Tuesday, Apr 12, 2005 at 13:27
Thank-you for your response to this question Beatit(Qld),

I have made a phone call in relation to this topic with the Qld Govt to and they are yet to get back to us.
What area are you travelling ? If not Travelling yet , when will you be setting out on your trek.
We currently have an 1995 RV 4.5 petrol troopy which we have upgraded recently from a 1989 petrol troopy. We plan on travelling from the Darling Downs from July 1st 2005 to Kurrumba follow the Gulf track to Roper Bar onto Darwin then through the Gibb River Road to Broome then across to Daly Waters down to Alice ,Ayers Rock, Kings Canon loop and then finish at home. Approximate time travelling will be Twelve to Fourteen weeks.
FollowupID: 363350

Follow Up By: Member - Beatit (QLD) - Tuesday, Apr 12, 2005 at 14:12

Tuesday, Apr 12, 2005 at 14:12
We are planning to leave from Brisbane on 16/7 for 3 months. Our journey takes us to Darwin via Kakadu, from there to Kunnunura and the Gibb River Road. We're planning to reach Broome early Sept then home via the Tanami and the Simpson. we drive a 4.8 auto Patrol, tinnie and a camper trailer and will have 3 other companions (similar rigs) for the trip.

I guess we are a couple of weeks behind you but there is an off chance we might catch you around GRR (?). How does that fit with your travels?

Kind regards
FollowupID: 363359

Reply By: troopytrek - Tuesday, Apr 12, 2005 at 15:12

Tuesday, Apr 12, 2005 at 15:12
We also have a camper trailer with a tinnie that is loaded onto the camper trailer.We could meet along the way on the GRR! Hope to take approximately a month to darwin a month to Broome and then the trek home a month. This all depends as to what we find along the way and the fact that we are travelling on our own.When I receive my membership details I will get in contact again. Our Troopy is getting there as far as getting prepared for the trip, we have UHF,roof console ,alloy roof rack,electric winch,ARB B/Bar,Kamar rear B/Bar with twin wheel holders,rear draw system,cargo barrier,dual batteries,twin cibie oskar lights,BFG muddies with alloy rims,factory f/r diff locks and we will also have HF or Sat Phone . Camper Trailer is an offroad swan camper we have owned this for 6years and have been remote camping for approximately the same time.We are farely well set up just fine tunning now for this trip , the vehicle I mentioned before we have only owned for 4 months some of the gear came from our previous vehicle but not much as we chose to upgrade with alot of new componants. This is our first trip to the outback though. But have extensive experience in offroad racing and contacts with the Endeavour Rally Group. We are Member of the Australian Motorsport Enthusiasts Club Inc.We do alot of the recovery for the offroad meets in and around the Darling Downs region.

Kind regards
Troopytrek

AnswerID: 106365

Follow Up By: Member - Beatit (QLD) - Tuesday, Apr 12, 2005 at 15:57

Tuesday, Apr 12, 2005 at 15:57
Our tinnie travels on top of the Patrol - used to have it on the trailer when we did a Cape journey a few years back. The problem with it on the trailer is that it needs to be moved every night - got to be a hasle with the bride. The automatic loader for the roof is a piece of cake also store the outboard inside the tinnie - this seems to work well so far.

We are pretty well set up as well and like you just doing the refinements, planning another beach camp this weekend to test the remodelled kitchen and a few other modifications.

We are planning for 2 months in the Kimberley, 2 weeks to get there and 2 weeks home. Our itinerary is flexible - booked nothing and taking pot luck. This works for us last time as some overnighters became several day and vica versa.

Hope to run into you somewhere, should reach Darwin around about the same time. Will keep an eye out for you to say g'day.

Kind regards
FollowupID: 363388

Reply By: Toy_Hilux - Tuesday, Apr 12, 2005 at 19:15

Tuesday, Apr 12, 2005 at 19:15
Hi Troopytrek,

I don't know about the other states but here is a good site regarding queensland.

www.mcmc.qld.gov.au/community
AnswerID: 106402

Follow Up By: troopytrek - Wednesday, Apr 13, 2005 at 09:34

Wednesday, Apr 13, 2005 at 09:34
Thankyou
Yes you are right this site is good for Qld.
FollowupID: 363520

Reply By: Glenno - Tuesday, Apr 12, 2005 at 22:19

Tuesday, Apr 12, 2005 at 22:19
This is the place to go regarding Qld.

Link to Qld Liquor Licensing
AnswerID: 106452

Reply By: Member - Kimberly Kruiser (WA) - Tuesday, Apr 12, 2005 at 23:51

Tuesday, Apr 12, 2005 at 23:51
G'day Troopytrek

You'll find that through north west towns in WA that the rules differ from town to town. Apart from the State Liquor Licensing laws most towns also have a Local Accord that restricts/modifies existing laws to suit local requirements. For example Kununurra has accord that restricts the trading hours of liquor outlets from opening until 12 midday, no sales of fortified wines Wednesdays and Thursdays and no walk up purchases of liquor from drivethrough outlets after 6.00pm.
Just something for you to be aware of as you travel.

Cheers
Wal
AnswerID: 106465

Sponsored Links