Anzac w/e in Birdsville..Great event..Made it ok ?

Submitted: Wednesday, Apr 27, 2005 at 16:23
ThreadID: 22416 Views:1778 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi David 0 and re your Blackall to Windorah road report..Correct..No worries but my little Mitsubishi 1 ton (IFS) is low on the front and the front cross member is angled like it is supposed to scrape the rocks up..It did!.Kept watching gauges to make sure did'nt wreck anything..No worries in a 4x4..Came back the other way (almost all black-top) via Stonehenge etc.Even in broard daylite,'roos everywhere.Road-kill.Hundreds.Just missed 2 live ones.Of course I did'nt do 120 on smooth stuff...Never trust your camera..Mine got me sand bogged on top of sand hill..Pulled off to take pix..3 1/2 hours later on the Birdsville road,a welcome dust plume.The big Landcruiser from Birdsville with "Birdsville" painted on side pulled me out at an easy idle (maybe a few revs)..Will post the bogged and other pix soon and links to my pix on fotki site...Hi Ruth and Ian..Thanks for the top job you guys do..A great van/camping park..Loved the working museum..One of the best.'bye to Sully,Rusty,Lofty B,Gordon and Jack (junior)
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Ruth from Birdsville Caravan Park - Wednesday, Apr 27, 2005 at 19:53

Wednesday, Apr 27, 2005 at 19:53
Hi Lofty 2 - glad you made it home safely. Phil and wife got to Gemfields in 11.5 hours. Gordon left this a.m., Sully and others went out to the Desert today for an overnight camp. Lofty 1 and Rusty departed yesterday - one north and one south.
Looking forward to your photos - especially the bogged ones. Haha.
AnswerID: 108457

Reply By: Member - RockyOne - Friday, Apr 29, 2005 at 07:38

Friday, Apr 29, 2005 at 07:38
Hi Ruth,madly sorting / re-sizing pix to post.Don't think I can post them here? Will possibly have to link to my Fotki site..Post them next few days.rgs Lofty (I will have to learn how to use the "Post Hyperlinks" at base of page.
AnswerID: 108749

Sponsored Links